2022 Maritime Fundraising Conference

Two days of virtual* learning and networking focussed on AFP’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) initiative and what the future holds for our NFP sector, including spotlighting young professionals and the leadership gap and providing tools for success.

*NEW THIS YEAR! An in-person networking add-on for those local to the Halifax area.

***ATTN: SPEAKERS****
Requests for Proposal Submission Process Now Live!

We are seeking diverse voices and ideas to share and discuss the future of fundraising in a safe and collaborative environment. We are seeking proposals from prospective speakers who can bring our delegates topics related to our theme of “Changing IDEAs”, encompassing AFP’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access initiative, as well as the future of our profession.

Please refer to our guide for more information: 
2022 AFP Nova Scotia MFC Speaker RFP
(.PDF 241K)

Visit our online submission portal to submit today:

***ATTN: SPONSORS****
If you are interested in sponsoring MFC 2022, please contact Daphne Carter for more information

Registration will take place early in 2022! 

If you want to stay tuned to MFC or other AFP-NS events, please sign up to be on our distribution list. Or subscribe to our Social Channels.

There are few fundraising conferences in Canada that have been bringing the fundraiser community together for as long as AFP Nova Scotia’s Maritime Fundraising Conference. For well over 20 years, our Conference has been helping delegates to stay on the leading edge of philanthropy in our region and beyond. And helping sponsors and speakers get their message out and connect to potential clients.

I can remember my very first Maritime Fundraising Conference in 2002. I was still in the private sector and was taking my first steps into the not-for-profit sector. I networked, made connections, and discovered so much about  fundraising over the course of two days! I was so impressed that I helped organize the event the following year and became a founding Member of AFP Nova Scotia.” - Daphne Carter, Development Manager at the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21.

“Although I have been helping to organize MFC and attending it for many years as a delegate, 2021 was my first time as a sponsor. It was a very rewarding and successful experience. Even though it was a virtual environment, there were many opportunities to network and establish new client relationships! I encourage other sponsors to join me this year again as a sponsor.” - Vanessa Burns, Principal, Vanessa Burns Consulting.

In 2021, we had almost 200 virtual attendees, 39 speakers, and 12 sponsors. This year, we will bring the same value for our delegates, speakers and sponsors. Join us on June 6 and 7 for #MFC2022 “Changing IDEAs”.

Fundraising friends from near and far, we are all trying to figure out this ever-changing profession (and the world!) so let's do it together. To find our more about our sessions, presenters, pricing, and to register, visit our virtual community on Pheedloop, click on the button below or contact our MFC Co-Chairs, Vanessa Burns and Daisy Cobden
Visit our Conference Website for more information.

*Why virtual? AFP Nova Scotia is conscious of the financial challenges faced by many, especially as our sector builds back from COVID. We wanted to ensure we could be as inclusive, equity, and accessible as possible. The virtual format is less expensive (lower registration fees, zero travel costs). We want to bring as many diverse and leading-edge speakers as we could. Virtual access makes that possible. For those who are close to Halifax, we will have an evening in-person event as an add-on to registration. For those who wish to tune in together, consider a viewing party!

The AFP Nova Scotia Chapter is an approved provider for continuing education by CFRE. The 2022 Maritime Fundraising Conference Continuing Education Points Tracker is coming soon.

We  would like to acknowledge that we are in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People. This territory is covered by the “Treaties of Peace and Friendship” which Mi’kmaq Wəlastəkwiyik (Maliseet), and Passamaquoddy Peoples first signed with the British Crown in 1726. The treaties did not deal with surrender of lands and resources but in fact recognized Mi’kmaq and Wəlastəkwiyik (Maliseet) title and established the rules for what was to be an ongoing relationship between nations.

We  would like to acknowledge that we are in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People. This territory is covered by the “Treaties of Peace and Friendship” which Mi’kmaq Wəlastəkwiyik (Maliseet), and Passamaquoddy Peoples first signed with the British Crown in 1726. The treaties did not deal with surrender of lands and resources but in fact recognized Mi’kmaq and Wəlastəkwiyik (Maliseet) title and established the rules for what was to be an ongoing relationship between nations.