2022 Maritime Fundraising Conference

Registration now open!

Two days of virtual learning and networking focused on AFP’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) initiative and what the future holds for our NFP sector. We will also spotlight young professionals, emerging leaders & the leadership gap and provide tools for success as we navigate what “building back better” means.

We are thankful for our sponsors, including Global Philanthropic as our returning Presenting Sponsor, who through their generosity, investment, and commitment enable us to ensure quality programming at affordable rates for our greater non-profit community. For a list of our sponsors, click here.

There are few fundraising conferences in Canada that have been bringing the fundraiser community together for as long as AFP Nova Scotia’s Maritime Fundraising Conference (MFC); for well over 20 years, MFC has been helping delegates to stay on the leading edge of philanthropy in our region and beyond. In addition, we’ve been helping sponsors and speakers get their message out and connect to their stakeholders.

Pricing Structure:

Rate

Pricing

Early Bird Extended!
(Until May 6, 2022)

• Member+
  • Non-Member

$150
$225

Regular
(May 7th, 2022 onward)

• Member+
  • Non-Member

$225
$295

IDEA Rate*

$25

* The Fundraising Lab believes in 'widening the circle' of fundraisers because as a community, we need to learn from each other and expand our relationships with each other.  So, we're putting a call out for those current and future fundraisers from BIPOC or 2SLGBTQ+ communities who are looking to participate in professional development opportunities but may feel there are barriers to participating. If you are interested in registering for the conference, please select the IDEA Rate ticket. This initiative is in keeping with AFP's philosophy of Inclusion, Diversity, Access, and Equity (IDEA).”

Group Rate

• $499 includes 4 registrations from the same organization
  • $124.75 for each additional employee
+Member rate includes AFP Members & CAGP Members, Students, and Young Professionals (fundraisers 30 yrs or under).

Membership Benefits:

Among many other benefits, our special “$50 MFC Coupon” can save you on Membership NOW and you can take advantage of Member rates!  If you have not been a Member before, use Discount Code CNDCONF2022 when you sign up to be either a Professional or Associate Member. More information about AFP Membership, click here.

CFRE Approved!
The AFP Nova Scotia Chapter is an approved provider for continuing education by CFRE.
Download our CFRE Points Tracker:

CFRE Tracker - 2022 Maritime Fundraising Conference

(PDF - 90KB)

Testimonials:
I can remember my very first Maritime Fundraising Conference in 2002. I was still in the private sector and was taking my first steps into the not-for-profit sector. I networked, made connections, and discovered so much about  fundraising over the course of two days! I was so impressed that I helped organize the event the following year and became a founding Member of AFP Nova Scotia.” - Daphne Carter, Development Manager at the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21.

“Although I have been helping to organize MFC and attending it for many years as a delegate, 2021 was my first time as a sponsor. It was a very rewarding and successful experience. Even though it was a virtual environment, there were many opportunities to network and establish new client relationships! I encourage other sponsors to join me this year again as a sponsor.” - Vanessa Burns, Principal, Vanessa Burns Consulting.

Looking for More Information or Want to get Involved?
Please contact our MFC Co-Chairs, Vanessa Burns and Daisy Cobden.
Keep tuned in to our monthly e-newsletter and ensure you follow us on our Socials -Twitter, Facebook, and Linked-In.

Land Acknowledgement:
We
would like to acknowledge that we are in Mi’kma’ki, the ancestral and unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People. This territory is covered by the “Treaties of Peace and Friendship” which Mi’kmaq Wəlastəkwiyik (Maliseet), and Passamaquoddy Peoples first signed with the British Crown in 1726. The treaties did not deal with surrender of lands and resources but in fact recognized Mi’kmaq and Wəlastəkwiyik (Maliseet) title and established the rules for what was to be an ongoing relationship between nations.