AFP Nova Scotia presents:
The AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising Course, in person, October 1 and 2, 2022, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at the Nova Scotia SPCA in the Burnside Industrial Park. Lunch will be provided. Parking is complimentary. $400 Members / $500 Non-Members
This an introductory, 2-day comprehensive course on the basics of fundraising practice and principles at the fundamental level. The course content covers the roles and responsibilities of fundraisers, with emphasis on ethics and responsibilities you are likely to encounter at the beginning of your career.
The course is taught in an active learning style and includes case studies and projects for groups and individuals, making the learning experience both substantive and enjoyable.
Learning objectives include:
- Discuss the essential components of an integrated development plan.
- Explain the elements of a marketing and communications plan .
- Develop and sustain relationships with prospective donors, current donors, and volunteers.
- Plan individual and group solicitation strategies to secure annual and major gifts.
- Execute management policies and procedures to ensure fundraising activities are conducted with proper records management and stewardship.
- Demonstrate key ethics and accountability principles and practices in fundraising activities.
- Earn up to 16 CFRE continuing education credits.
AFP Nova Scotia thanks course instructors and facilitators Liz LeClair, CFRE; Marnie Tuttle, CFRE; Lisa Weatherhead, CFRE; and Sarah Lyon, CFRE for their leadership and dedication to our fundraising sector in organizing this learning experience.
For more information on AFP’s Fundamentals of Fundraising Course, please visit AFP Global’s website: https://afpglobal.org/fundamentals-fundraising, or contact AFP Nova Scotia Member and one of our Course facilitators, Liz LeClair, at email@example.com with the subject line “AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising Course 2022”.
TESTIMONIAL, from a Fundamentals of Fundraising attendee 2017
“ I took the Fundamentals of Fundraising course when I was brand new to the sector, it provided me with the foundation I needed to build a career in fundraising. It was the perfect introduction to key fundraising terms and concepts that set me up for success.
The course was also a great opportunity to meet other participants who were new to the fundraising world as well and I was able to form connections with participants who have since become friends and colleagues.”
~ Whitney MacLean, Manager of Philanthropy and Engagement, NSCC Foundation and Alumni Relations
Need Financial Aid? The AFP Canada Foundation for Philanthropy has 2 granting cycles per year to assist. Find out more here. The next deadline to apply is September 15, 2022. Look for info soon on the September deadline.