Not a Member? Join Today!
If you're not already a member of AFP, we invite you to join! With your membership, you will enjoy a wealth of career-building programs, educational resources, networking opportunities and exclusive member discounts.
AFP Membership - An Investment in Yourself
Now, more than ever, you must invest in yourself! And it’s your professional community, the Association of Fundraising Professionals, that can offer you the best resources—at the best value for your membership dollar—to help you and your organization succeed.
What can AFP provide to help you succeed?
- The best training and education in the field. AFP offers a myriad of continuing educational opportunities for all fundraisers, regardless of experience level or specialty, and most can help you attain your certification to demonstrate your commitment to and expertise in the profession.
- New ideas and latest trends in the profession. Between the AFP Daily newsletter, the quarterly Advancing Philanthropy magazine and our constantly updated website, AFP keeps you current on happenings and innovations that will affect you now and in the future.
- Networking with colleagues and access to fundraising experts. AFP Webinars let you hear from the most experienced practitioners in fundraising, and online forums like AFP Connect let you talk directly with fundraisers with a wealth of practical, how-to knowledge. Networking through your local chapter can bring new opportunities every day!
- Benchmarks for success and future growth. AFP research data, such as the Fundraising Effectiveness Project and Compensations and Benefits Report, show how you and your organization stack up in the profession and how to proceed to find even greater success.
AFP also isn’t just an investment in you and your professional career. Your whole organization benefits from the programs available through AFP membership. Success today for charities means:
- Showing the public your commitment to ethics and accountability. AFP’s Ethics program, featuring our Code of Ethical Principles and Standards and the Donor Bill of Rights, is the most respected in the world and underscores what you and your organization does to steward not just the public’s money, but its trust as well.
- Reaching out to a growing and diverse donor base. AFP’s diverse resources not only help organizations reach out to different audiences, but also help build inclusive boards that can more effectively serve different populations.
- Understanding how public policy affects the work of fundraising and charities. AFP is the leader in educating government on how fundraising really works and what charities need to succeed. Our public policy program works for stronger philanthropic incentives for your organization and a streamlined oversight system that protects legitimate organizations while rooting out the bad apples.
- Developing fundraising leadership. Successful boards and staff that know and appreciate fundraising are key ingredients to success. AFP’s executive programs develop management and leadership skills and help forge the critical bonds between staff and board that result in exceeding fundraising goals.
You and your organization can benefit from all of this. So continue to invest in yourself. Work with your organization so you can continue to be a vital part of the AFP community. And let AFP—your association— help you reach your professional development goals—while helping your organization continue to make a difference in the world.
AFP Member Benefits
Below are major benefits you'll receive when you join the Association of Fundraising Professionals. Sound good? Then Join AFP and become a part of the world's largest community of charitable fundraisers.
|Research and Practice Tools
• AFP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards
• Ethics Assessment Inventory
• International Statement of Ethical Principles
• Promote Donor Bill of Rights
• AFP Website
• Fundraising Tools & Templates
• AFP Connect online forum
• Complimentary webinars
• AFP Compensation and Benefits Report
• Fundraising Effectiveness Project
• Nonprofit Research Collaborative Survey
• Advancing Philanthropy Magazine - Print
• Advancing Philanthropy Magazine - Digital
• AFP Daily newsletter
• Membership Directory
• Consultants and Resource Directory
• AFP Career Center
• Mentoring Programs
• Serve on AFP Global Committees/Task Forces
• Serve on AFP Global Board of Directors
• Strategic Alliance memberships with sister fundraising organizations
• AFP eCourses with MindEdge
• AFP ICON (AFP's international conference on fundraising)
Available Chapter Benefits
• AFP LEAD (AFP's annual leadership conference)
• AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising
• CFRE Review Course
• Hemispheric Congress (biannual event in Mexico)
• AFP Premium Webinars
• ACFRE Certification
• CFRE Certification
• Member Discounts on Monthly Educational Programs
• Member Discounts on Chapter Conferences
• Member Discounts on National Philanthropy Day events
• Volunteer Opportunities
• Chapter Scholarships
• Chapter Newsletter
• Chapter Mentoring Program
• Chapter Career Center
AFP Membership: FAQs
Have questions about AFP membership? The FAQs below should answer them. If you have more, please contact the Member/Chapter Services Department at AFP Global at (800) 666-3863.
Does my membership belong to me, or to the organization I work for?
It depends on the type of membership that you join. If you are a Professional, Young Professional, Collegiate or Associate member, the membership is yours and goes with you if leave an organization.
The Nonprofit Organizational Membership for both large and small organizations, and the Executive Circle Business Member or Endorser Business Member belongs to the organization or company. If an employee leaves, the organization may replace the name of the designated member. New members still need to fill out a membership application and sign their adherence to the AFP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards.
Does my membership stay with me if I switch organizations?
If you are in one of the individual membership categories the membership goes with you if you switch organizations.
How much does membership cost?
When a member joins AFP, they join both the global organization and a local chapter (exceptions exist if a chapter is not located close to the member). Thus, a member pays annual dues to both AFP Global and the chapter.
How much are the dues to AFP Global?
Your membership dues depend on the type of membership applicable to you. Members must self-assess to determine the type of membership for which they are eligible. Prospective members should self-determine the category of membership, and renewing members should review and reassess membership categories. Visit our AFP Membership Categories and Pricing page for more information.
How much are chapter dues?
Chapter dues vary from $25 to $125, depending on the chapter. Visit our AFP Membership Categories and Pricing page for more information.
How can I find out if there is a chapter in my local area?
Search in the Chapters section or contact the AFP Global at (800) 666-3863.
How long does my membership last?
Your membership lasts 12 months, starting in the month you officially become a member.
Ready to Join? Let's Get Started!