AFP Central PA with support from CFRE are excited to announce the Young to Fundraising? Supercharge your Career Path! Series.
Open to all young professionals, young IN the profression (fundraisers who are entering the profession as a second career), and anyone looking to learn more about non-profit fundraising. Through this free webinar series, you’ll get actionable advice on steps you should take to build your career.
Webinars will be held every Tuesday in August from 9am-10am via Zoom. Registration is required for each week. Attend one or all four! Individual registration is required.
August 4: How do I build a strong resume? With Barb Taylor, CFRE
Will be available to watch the recorded session shortly.
Barb is retired after 30 years of success leading teams to raise substantial philanthropic revenue in support of multiple organizations and missions. In 2017, she was recognized as AFP Central PA Fundraising Professional of the Year. She currently coaches, mentors, and advises individuals seeking guidance in successful fundraising policy, processes, ethics, relationship building, and best practices in raising philanthropic dollars.
In this session Barb will discuss the following:
- What opportunities should you seek out to build a strong skill set?
- How do you talk about those experiences on your resume to stand out?
- If you’re comfortable, bring your resume to this session and we’ll work together to strengthen it.
August 11: How do I become a fundraising executive? With Molly Helmstetter, CFRE
Molly is a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) with more than two decades of service as a development professional in the nonprofit sector. For the last eleven years, she's served as director of development at New Hope Ministries. She is the current president of the AFP Central PA Chapter.
In this session Molly will discuss the following:
- You got your first fundraising job. Great! How can you continue to grow, building skills to be a successful fundraising executive?
- What professional development resources are available to help you grow?
- What is the CFRE credential? How do you become a CFRE, and how would it take your career to the next level?
August 18: How do I become a nonprofit leader? With Anne Bahn
Anne is President and CEO of Byrnes Health Education Center. Previously, she served as a fundraiser for the Byrnes Health Education Center and York Catholic High School.
In this session Anne will discuss the following:
- Fundraising can launch you into a career as a nonprofit leader. Attend to learn how to your fundraising skills are transferable to a wide variety of nonprofit careers.
August 25: Fundraising Q&A with Lyndsey Mackie and Katie Zimmerman
Lyndsey is the Director of Development at the Byrnes Health Education Center. She has been in the nonprofit sector for 7 years, creating large scale strategic partnerships in central Pennsylvania. She has been a dedicated professional fundraiser for 2 years
Katie is the Foundation Partnerships and Grants Manager at Central Pennsylvania Food Bank and has served as the AFP Central Pennsylvania Young Professionals Chair since 2018. She has been a professional fundraiser for 5 years.
- Bring your questions from the Young to Fundraising series, or any fundraising issues you’re working through in your shop.
Questions? Contact Katie Zimmerman, AFP Central Pennsylvania Young Professionals Chair at email@example.com.
Thanks again to CFRE for partnering with AFP Central PA to bring this series FREE of charge!