The AFP Santa Barbara/Ventura Counties Chapter's goal is to support its members' professional development. AFP SBV achieves this goal by providing financial assistance through scholarships to cover the total cost (up to $350) of an annual membership to AFP. The scholarships are available to current and new members, with preference given to those seeking new membership to AFP.
DEADLINE AUGUST 31, 2023
Applicants for scholarships to assist with professional development fees or AFP membership fees should:
- Be employed by, or be an independent consultant for, a public benefit corporation,
- Dedicate at least 50% of their time to fundraising and
- Be a member of AFPSV. (unless applying for a membership scholarship)
- Individuals receiving awards will uphold the Ethical Standards of Philanthropy established by AFP Global.
- Individuals are only eligible to receive funds for professional development once a year.
Depending on the funds available, AFPSBV will cover 100% of the cost of an annual AFP membership to new scholarship recipients. Those who previously have received a scholarship and have reapplied will have a portion of the cost covered for their annual AFP membership:
- 75% to those who received a past scholarship
- 50% to those who received two past scholarships
- 25% to those who received three past scholarships
Scholarship Applications will be reviewed and voted on at the board meeting following submission. Click here to apply.
Chapter Scholarship Opportunities
AFP-SBV Monthly Trainings Click here to apply
To assist AFP-SBV members who are between employers or work for smaller organizations, this scholarship will pay the cost for attending our trainings. To apply, please complete and submit the scholarship application.
AFP-SBV Membership Incentive for New & Renewing Professional & Young Professional Members Click here to apply
This scholarship covers of the membership fee for new and renewing Professional and Young Professional members to join the AFP Santa Barbara/Ventura Counties Chapter. Applicants must be full-time fundraisers or spend at least fifty percent of their time fundraising. Special circumstances may be considered at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee.
AFP-SBV Symposium Click here to apply
There are scholarships available for our annual AFP-SBV Symposium.
AFP-SBV National Philanthropy Day Click here to apply
There are scholarships available for our annual AFP-SBV National Philanthropy Day Awards.