CURRENT JOB POSTINGS – FULL DESCRIPTIONS
Bethel Lutheran Home
Date Posted: March 29, 2021
Bethel Lutheran Home a non-profit, retirement community located in east central South Dakota is seeking a Development Director that provides and ensures mission focused vision and leadership to support and grow the ongoing ministry of the Bethel Lutheran Community. This position is responsible for but are not limited to leading the annual endowment and planned giving development plan, fund raising appeals, fund raising events, donor relations, corporate grants, and special funding initiatives. This position reports to the Bethel Lutheran Home Administrator and the Bethel Lutheran Home Foundation.
- Primary responsibility is the establishment and achievement of an annual and long-range fund development plan to support the financial growth of the Bethel Lutheran Home Foundation in line with the goals established by the Bethel Foundation Board, the Bethel Governing Board and based on the needs of the organization.
- Actively works to secure major and planned gifts as outlined in the fund development plan. This includes and is not limited to: personal solicitations, pledges, targeted appeals, grant writing, special events, and planned giving.
- Identifies potential contributors to special project funds and consistent Bethel Supporters through examination of the past records, individual and corporate contracts, and knowledge of the community to enhance development efforts.
- Preserves and strengthens donor relationships and loyalty among existing donors including but not limited to board members, resident family members, staff, owner churches, and the business community through personal visits, phone calls, emails, and attendance at community functions and personal Thank you’s.
- Plans, organizes, directs, promotes, and coordinates the Annual Spring Dinner and Auction, Golf Tournament and Holiday Mailings and special project funding programs for Bethel Lutheran Home and Bethel Lutheran Home Foundation. The Development Director coordinates the venue, support services, theme, decorations, solicitation of both attendees and sponsors, invitation design, and mailing list for each event.
- Designs and edits mailings sent to contributors. Responsible for creating and maintaining contact information of contributors and is updated as needed. Ensures the appropriate mailings are sent to each contributor.
- Informs potential contributors of special needs of Bethel Lutheran Community and encourages individuals, corporations, and foundations to establish or contribute special funds through endowments, trusts, in-kind donations, or bequests.
- Research public and private grant agencies and foundations to identify funding sources for special projects, programs, or other needs.
- Develop and maintain database (Engage) for all perspective contributors and events. Supervises, coordinates, and maintains records of contributors to ensure appropriate follow-up including but not limited to letters of appreciation.
- Bethel Lutheran Home Foundation Meetings. The foundation has four quarterly meetings and an Annual Meeting each year. The Development Director coordinates meeting with the Board President, prepares the agenda, financial reports, and all other documents needed for each meeting and distributes to each Board member. and conduct quarterly meetings with the Bethel Lutheran Home Board of Directors.
- Bethel Focus Newsletter: Determine theme, articles, contributors, photos to be used in quarterly newsletter. Writes an article for the Foundation insert within each Bethel newsletter. Provides the donor gift report accurately. Solicit input from colleagues. prepare and proof the design/layout and edit newsletter for print and electronic copy. Prepare the mailing list to include individuals, business, and electronic addresses for each newsletter. Provides these items to the Administrator within the newsletter deadline timeframe.
- Website development. Manages webpage with ongoing updates as needed of news, photos, events, and testimonies.
- And more!
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with co-workers, residents, families, supporters, and associates.
- Maintain confidentiality of verbal, written, and financial information pertaining to supporters, perspective givers, and organizations.
- Promote Bethel Lutheran Home and the Bethel Lutheran Home Foundation in a positive way.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate and maintain office equipment: copier/scanner/fax machine, telephone, and computer.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate Microsoft Office and fund development software.
- Organization / time management skills.
- High level of communications skills
- Experience in fundraising, 2-5 years preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrate a sincere desire to work with persons of all ages, who may be frail, moderately handicapped, slightly confused, or have incapacitating chronic conditions.
- Self-directed and self-motivated.
- Proven skills in business relationship development preferred.
- Experience in managing budgets and financial accountability preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
- The Development Director is employed by Bethel Lutheran Home. Compensation is determined by the Administrator. This is a salaried position, working schedule to be 40 hours per week. Actual office hours may occasionally vary depending on events, with any schedule changes to be approved by the Administrator.
- Occasional weekend/evening work as needed for marketing and sales program events.
- Salary range is $50,000+, depending on experience.
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vison, life, 401K, and paid time off.
- Apply by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at www.bethelcommunity.com
- You may also mail your resume and cover letter to Chuck Johnson, 1001 S Egan Ave., Madison SD 5704.
Director of Development
Date Posted: March 11, 2021
JOB TITLE: Director of Development
GENERAL HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT: exempt
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
REVISION DATE: December 1, 2020
SALARY RANGE: $70,000 to $90,000
SUMMARY: This is an executive level position responsible for planning and implementing fund raising relations strategies; acquiring gifts from foundations, government resources, corporations, service/religious organizations, and individuals via approved planned giving programs, special events, annual giving program, and grant development/writing. Adheres to the mission, vision and values of the organization.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Degree in public administration, financial planning, marketing, or related field and a minimum of three years’ experience in fund raising or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE AND/OR REGISTRATIONS: Certified Fundraising Executive preferred. Valid South Dakota driver’s license and reliable transportation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB DUTIES:
1. Plan and execute an annual giving campaign.
2. Plan and execute planned giving program/endowment opportunities.
3. Plan and execute a government, foundation, and corporate grant writing program.
4. Plan and facilitate any capital and/or endowment fund campaigns identified by the Board of Directors.
5. Work with the Board of Directors and designated volunteers to cultivate and solicit potential donors.
6. Oversee resource development record-keeping system,
7. Monitor and evaluate all development department activities.
8. Adherence to the National Society of Fund-Raising Executives code of ethical principles and standards of professional practice.
PUBLIC CONSTITUENCY RELATIONS:
1. Ensure development and implementation of public relations program
2. Facilitate development of promotional materials to enhance our image and communicate its mission and services.
3. Develop and execute plant to thank and recognize our core constituencies (Board of Directors, staff, volunteers, donors, and clients)
4. Be involved with the community at large and appropriate professional organizations.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
1. Facilitate Board of Directors involvement in development activities.
2. Serve as liaison to Development and Community Relations Committee.
3. Attend Board of Directors meetings and events when necessary.
1. Serve as member of the program directors management team.
2. Work with all departments on marketing and fundraising as needs develop.
3. Maintain close association with agency staff to ensure interchange of information and positive constituency relations.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: The individual must be able to work the hours specified above. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform these essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions so long as the accommodations do not cause undue hardship to the employer.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel a keyboard, file papers, and take notes; and talk or hear.
· The employee is required to move about and frequently reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch to file paperwork
· The employee is required to sit and occasionally climb or balance to reach supplies.
· The employee must be able to view computer screens for long periods of time. 75% or more of the time for this position is computer related.
· The employee must regularly lift and/or move about up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move about up to 30 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
REQUIRED COMMUNICATION/MATHEMATICAL/REASONING SKILLS:
· Must possess the required level of skills and ability to read, write, speak and apply mathematical concepts and sounds reasoning to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
· Must be able to perform basic operations on a computer within the Windows operating system including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
· This position requires problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to multi-task.
RESPONSIBILITIES, EXPECTATIONS & STANDARDS:
· Commitment to the daily application of Active Generations’ mission, Standards of Excellence, core values and social principles to serve our members, customers and community.
· Promote the standards of excellence with enthusiasm and sincerity.
· Maintain confidentiality.
· Work effectively in a team environment, coordinating workflow with other team members and ensure a productive and efficient environment.
· Comply with safety principles, laws, regulations and standards of Active Generations and the state laws.
· Maintain a positive attitude/outlook and a professional manner in all duties.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. May be exposed to communicable diseases when working with the members, customers, participants and community.
For more information or to apply, please contact email@example.com.