Welcome to the AFP South Dakota Chapter job posting center! This service is designed to share pertinent career information with our audience of development professionals in the South Dakota area.
We feature all career position announcements for one month on our AFP South Dakota website. Anyone who visits this site will see your position announcement on our Chapter Job Center. In addition, your position will be sent out in our AFP update email with a link to the job center. This monthly update email reaches more than 360 fundraising and non-profit professionals in South Dakota who have self-identified as wanting to stay connected to our chapter and receive updates.
$50 - AFP members
$150 - Non-members
Please email your job positing to SouthDakotaAFP@live.com. Your information will be reviewed, edited if needed, approved and posted by our Chapter Administrator. Your organization will be invoiced via PayPal within 3-5 business days.
Contact Chapter Administrator Angie Kuiper, at SouthDakotaAFP@live.com if you have any questions.
CURRENT JOB POSTINGS – FULL DESCRIPTIONS
Company: Farm Rescue
Date Posted: June 14, 2019
Farm Rescue provides planting, haying, harvesting and livestock feeding assistance to farm and ranch families that have experienced a major injury, illness or natural disaster. The organization has been in existence since 2005 and operates with a mission to help family farms and ranches bridge crises so they have an opportunity to continue viable operations. Since Farm Rescue’s 2005 inception, the organization has served more than 600 families and has become nationally known, attracting a broad pool of volunteers and a strong following of financial supporters. In 2018, nearly 700 donors and sponsors made a cash or in-kind contribution to Farm Rescue. The organization and its team of 5 board members, 4 staff and more than 1,000 volunteer farm rescuers currently serve six states – North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Montana, Iowa and Nebraska. For more information about Farm Rescue, visit farmrescue.org.
Farm Rescue is seeking a Development Director to lead its fundraising efforts, grow its corporate partnerships, major gifts and planned giving, and enhance donor relationships in key communities. Reporting to the acting Executive Director, the role of the Development Director is to plan, direct and coordinate all Farm Rescue fundraising activities. The Development Director will work closely with the Marketing Communications Officer who manages organizational marketing efforts.
Farm Rescue is headquartered in the Fargo, ND area and the Development Director is expected to office there. Frequent travel of up to 50% throughout the Farm Rescue service area is an expectation of the position. Fundraising and donor cultivation in communities where partner organizations are located is an essential part of the job. Remote work from an office within the Farm Rescue service area is an option for exceptional candidates.
Strategic and Management Responsibilities
- Develop and execute Farm Rescue’s overall fundraising strategy and annual fundraising plans.
- Lead and manage the organization’s overall development efforts to raise sufficient funds each year to meet the annual budget and support of strategic priorities for growth and sustainability.
- Develop, increase and manage the fundraising capacity of organization.
- Provide progress reports on a monthly basis regarding fundraising.
- Train and support team members regarding fundraising.
- Initiate, participate and support direct fundraising “asks”
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with individual, corporate and foundation donors and sponsors. This involves much face-to-face time, as well as other interaction. It also includes a substantial amount of travel throughout the Farm Rescue service area.
- Develop and grow the Farm Rescue individual donor base; manage the annual sponsorship/giving campaign and cultivate major gifts.
- Build and grow Farm Rescue corporate/business partnerships.
- Write grant proposals and reports to corporate foundation and government funders.
- Assist with the growing online giving program at Farm Rescue.
- Research corporate, foundation and individual contacts; update and maintain the donor database (Farm Rescue uses Salesforce); and generate needed reports from this information.
- Communicate with staff, board and volunteers to coordinate fundraising schedules and activities with other events and operations.
Professional Qualifications and Personal Characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- 5+years of demonstrated success in non-profit fundraising and development, including cultivating and building relationships with individuals, foundations, corporations, and major giving programs. Experience managing special events is helpful.
- Demonstrated success in building a development program, particularly in corporate and major gifts. Fundraising campaign experience preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel for donor meetings. Estimated travel for this position is up to 50%.
- Comfort and experience living the mission of Farm Rescue, an understanding of the farming and agricultural communities of the Farm Rescue service area, and an ability to relate to and build relationships with the members of these communities. Lived farming/agricultural experience is important to succeed in this position.
- A demonstrated ability to represent the organization and interface with a wide variety of individuals, including all levels of staff, board, volunteers, donors, potential donors and Farm Rescue recipients.
- A motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills, excellent oral and written communication skills and a proven track record of getting things done.
The projected compensation range for this individual will be competitive and in accordance with the background and experience of the selected candidate and includes a base salary and bonus program based upon performance against agency goals. The agency/organization has a benefits package including health care reimbursement, paid PTO and holidays and employer contributions to a retirement plan.
Farm Rescue firmly supports the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected categories.
Submit cover letter and resume to Mary Ontko, The Moran Company. APPLY NOW