16. Support Special Events staff in implementation and directly solicit and secure sponsorships in all corporate Units for the Director of Marketing & Special Events.
17. Support staff in the research, identification of potential grants and follow up with grant preparation and submission for all Corporate Units
18. Develops and maintains relationships with other organizations, donors, and potential donors in all corporate Units
19. Directly solicits businesses and individuals for financial support in all corporate Units
20. Update and implement the Boys & Girls Club stewarding plan, as well as advice and guide board of directors
21. Works with investment advisors and partners regarding the endowment
22. Directly steward and be actively involved in a donor centered approach with signing weekly birthday cards, keeping up to date on life events, acknowledging lapsed donors and engaging in donor’s lives and learning their desires.
23. Keep knowledgeable of current agency programs and procedures
24. Keep knowledgeable and pass to Director of Operations parent concerns or statements
25. Managing the in arrears monthly reports, collections and communication with donors and reconciliations with Finance Department
26. Monthly reconciliation of the donor system with the financial system in collaboration with the CFO 27. Upkeep and accuracy of donor records and files in vision and in hard copy
28. Manage and oversee grant requirements & reports
29. Responsible for resource development reporting and follow up including donor records, acknowledgements and reports on contributions and audit support, as required by the IRS
30. Sign all receipts and acknowledgements from the Boys & Girls Club of all Units, unless otherwise assigned by Development Director or Chief Executive Officer.
31. Understanding and create reports, donor history and statistical donor information from donor software
32. Other duties assigned by supervisor
33. Participation in Club wide events as determined necessary by supervisor
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
2. Demonstrated success in fundraising; annual campaigns, grants, endowment and planned giving
3. Knowledge of fundraising techniques and sources of funding for non-profits
4. High level communication skills
5. Ability to work in fast paced, forward thinking and positive work environment
6. Detail driven and mission focused approach to Resource Development
• Must be of the mental and physical capacity to observe, interact, and communicate with youth, staff, volunteers, parents etc. at the Club.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.