Welcome to the AFP South Dakota Chapter job posting center! This service is designed to share pertinent career information with our audience of development professionals in the South Dakota area.
We feature all career position announcements for one month on our AFP South Dakota website. Anyone who visits this site will see your position announcement on our Chapter Job Center. In addition, your position will be sent out in our AFP update email with a link to the job center. This monthly update email reaches more than 360 fundraising and non-profit professionals in South Dakota who have self-identified as wanting to stay connected to our chapter and receive updates.
$50 - AFP members
$150 - Non-members
Please email your job positing to SouthDakotaAFP@live.com. Your information will be reviewed, edited if needed, approved and posted by our Chapter Administrator. Your organization will be invoiced via PayPal within 3-5 business days.
Contact Chapter Administrator Dirk Lammers, at SouthDakotaAFP@live.com if you have any questions.
CURRENT JOB POSTINGS – FULL DESCRIPTIONS
GIRL SCOUTS — DAKOTA HORIZONS
Position Title: Director of Development
Location: Rapid City, SD or Bismarck, ND
Reports To: Chief Marketing and Advancement Officer
Position Classification: Full Time/Administrative Exempt
Approved By: Chief Human Resources and Risk Officer
Direct Reports: None
The Director of Development, in partnership with the Vice President of Development and Communications, is responsible for creating and implementing long-range resource development strategies for a defined region to meet the council’s financial goals and objectives, coordinating fundraising campaigns and identifying potential sources for funds which may include individual donors, corporations, grants, United Way, and in-kind resources. The incumbent researches, develops, and produces funding proposals to potential donors to continue educational efforts on diversifying income sources and planning for future growth of operational and budget needs.
- Partner with Vice President of Development and Communications to create a strategy designed to reach major and small gift donors and cultivate strategic partnerships that reflect segmentation, targeting, and value proposition development, and increase Dakota Horizons revenues within an assigned region.
- This position will be responsible for meeting fundraising revenue targets each year.
- Establish and maintain an effective, integrated fund development data management system to maintain accurate donor acknowledgement and funding sources for assigned region.
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with communities, partners and major donors in assigned region.
- Implement and oversee grant applications strategies for Western Region to maximize efforts that will generate increased funds for the council. Assist in the writing of select grants, manage spending in coordination with operations team and finance
- Partner with the marketing representative in the development of a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization
- Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan to generate funds and build positive brand awareness for the Council within assigned region.
- Actively and consistently demonstrates the Girl Scouts norms by holding self accountable for results, holding the whole, assuming good intent, taking in ideas without judgment, embracing conflict and disagreement, speaking truth in a constructive way with a goal for mutual resolution, and staying focused on our mission. Leads team to do the same.
- Demonstrates service excellence and positive interpersonal relations in dealing with others including staff, Board, and community members, so that productivity and positive relations are maximized.
- Continuously evaluate sequencing and prioritization of development projects and campaigns within assigned region.
Major Accountabilities-Planning and Business Strategy
- Participate in the development of a tactical budget plan and successfully execute within allocated expenditures.
- Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditures related to fundraising.
- Monitor expenses and analyze budget reports on fund development and recommend changes as necessary
- Contribute to the creation and evaluation of development activities reports for Dakota Horizons leadership and Board reporting
- Proactively monitor trends in Dakota Horizons communities within assigned region and adapt strategies as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a relevant field required, Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of demonstrated development experience and growth success in a similar senior level role
- Advanced project management, team management and customer management skills with demonstrated experience in developing and executing short and long range business plans and strategies
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for the Girl Scouts Mission as well as for customer advocacy. Strong sense of urgency and results-orientation are required
- Understanding of and ability to analyze and interpret statistical data and trending and translate information into actionable strategies
- Exceptional written, verbal, listening and interpersonal skills with the ability to be diplomatic, persuasive, and build support and commitment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and desktop publishing and social media platforms
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes some travel, night and weekend hours as needed.
- Valid driver’s license with access to reliable personal transportation which is properly licensed and insured.
- Actively and consistently demonstrate the Girl Scouts norms and culture.
- Ability to maintain active, paid membership in GSUSA annually.
- Ability to maintain regular and consistent attendance.
Working Conditions/Physical and Safety Requirements:
- This position will work in normal business office environment conditions
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes some travel, night and weekend hours as needed
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs
- Must be able to successfully complete required pre-hire criminal background screening
- Required to perform tasks while sitting at a desk, using normal hand dexterity on a regular basis. Mobility is required, including standing, moving about, and sitting
To Apply: Submit application, resume and cover letter to Kailene Frey, Chief Human Resources & Risk Officer-Girl Scouts-Dakota Horizons, 1101 S Marion Road, Sioux Falls, SD 57106 or visit Indeed.com.