AFP VA Tri-State will post relevant job listings as a service to our members. Please send your job listing to Debbie Connolly. Unless otherwise requested or identified as closed, job listings will be remain on our website for one month from the posted date.
|Director of Development
Powhatan School - Boyce, VA (Posted Mar 13, 2019)
The Director of Development has the following responsibilities:
• Create and sustain positive relationships between the school and its constituents, both internal and external, leading them to support Powhatan School as donors, volunteers, and advocates in fulfillment of our mission.
• Oversee four major areas of school activity: fundraising, constituency relations (chiefly parents and alumni/ae families), volunteer management, and special events. The Director of Development must effectively and smoothly integrate these functions with each other and with all other school activities.
• Work with the Head of School and the Board of Trustees to determine the funding required to meet current and future institutional needs, providing direct support to the Head of School and the Board of Trustees in all fundraising initiatives.
• Direct all fundraising programs to support school operations and growth, specifically the Annual Fund and any future Capital or Major Gift campaigns. Oversee/manage other fundraising efforts and activities as needed.
• Utilize a database management system to ensure timely and accurate documentation and reporting of philanthropic gifts, acknowledgement letters, volunteer/donor lists and the like. Design processes and procedures to allow easy access to and retrieval of constituent data by other administrators and key volunteers.
• Cultivate and steward current donors and prospects, creating a climate of future generous giving to Powhatan School.
• Build a program of ongoing cultivation of foundations, businesses/corporations and other local organizations, increasing awareness of Powhatan and its programs, creating a philanthropic climate for additional support of the school.
• Organize and inspire a strong sense of community and pride in the school on the part of parents, alumni/ae, faculty, staff and other constituent groups through donor recognition events and special celebrations, such as Welcome Back Family Picnic, Carol Sing, and Grandparents Day
• Manage Powhatan’s communications, publications and public relations programs so they support the school’s marketing efforts in the northern Shenandoah Valley, as well as meeting the needs of various internal constituencies and informing them about school initiatives including scheduling and organizing events such as The Memorial Golf Tournament, Annual Gala, and Innovator’s Speaker Series and the like.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for the Powhatan Parent Association (PPA). Work with the PPA chairs to identify and recruit leadership, help coordinate volunteer events, and PPA-sponsored events.
View The Job Opportunity
|Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Bethany College - Bethany, WV (Posted Mar 14, 2019)
Bethany College is seeking a dynamic vice president for institutional advancement who will dream big, set and meet aggressive goals, and think outside the box in shaping the vision and direction for institutional advancement. This is a tremendous opportunity for a talented, energetic, and resourceful professional to significantly impact the future success of the College in leading the institution’s fundraising efforts.
Located in a bucolic region near the West Virginia/Western Pennsylvania border, Bethany College offers its 600 full-time undergraduate students a holistic and transformative learning experience and an opportunity to find a richness of life that often is not possible in other settings. Small class size allows students to work closely with a dedicated and talented faculty.
Reporting to president and serving as a member of her senior administration team, the vice president for advancement will fill a key position at Bethany College, as institutional leadership has placed significant emphasis on increasing its alumni giving percentage as well as overall giving to the college. The vice president will bring a holistic grasp of advancement including the critical role of alumni relations and advancement services in the success as a whole.
The new vice president must resonate with the college's mission and bring a strong dedication to the liberal arts. Candidates with successful capital campaign experience and a personal record as a successful major and/or principal gift fundraiser are sought. Superior communication and relationship-building skills and the ability to inspire the fullest support from staff, alumni, volunteers, donors and prospects is vital. A bachelor's degree is required, an advanced degree preferred; however, candidates with a depth of experience in the field and appropriate professional credentials will be giving full consideration.
View The Job Opportunity
Associated Universities, Inc. - Charlottesville, VA (Posted Mar 19, 2019)
The National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO) is currently seeking its first Development Director. The Development Director will focus on establishing the development office, while planning, managing, and coordinating all fundraising activities including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with the Observatory Director and the Assistant Director for Education and Public Outreach in all development and fund raising endeavors. The first project will be embarking on a capital campaign to reinvent our existing visitor’s center as a modern interpretive center, to better serve our many visitors and enhance an understanding of the Observatory’s work.
View The Job Opportunity
Additional Job Resouces
Search for employment opportunities posted by nonprofit, government and other community organizations primarily in the Richmond/Central Virginia region.
Search AFP International's Job Center for employment opportunities in Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland. Or change the search selection to meet your needs.