2016 Outstanding Philanthropist of the Year
Presented by Russell J. Salvatore
The 2018 nomination period is now closed.
2018 Award Categories
Learn more about our 2018 Awards Categories.
Outstanding Young Philanthropist
Earle Hannel Outstanding Fundraising Executive
*The Earle Hannel Outstanding Fundraising Executive award is awarded every other year, alternating with the Rising Star Professional Fundraiser award.
- The 2018 nomination period is now closed. The 2019 nomination period will open in early spring, 2019.
- Nominations were accepted via electronic form through Monday, June 18, 2018.
- For more information download the Guidelines for Submission sheet.
- Nominations must be prepared/submitted by a current member of the AFP-WNY Chapter.
- Previous award winners from 2003 and prior are eligible again in 2018. See the list of Previous Award Winners.
- As a nominator, if your nominee is selected as a category award winner, you will serve as the point of contact for gathering photos, bio information and any necessary company logos before Wednesday, September 5th.
- Nominations are reviewed by the awards selection committee as you submit them. Please make sure that they are free of typos and are the best possible representation of you, your organization and your nominee.
- DEADLINE: Monday, June 18, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
- If you have further questions about the nomination process, please contact Kathryn Washburn-Main, Chapter Manager at 716-887-2655 or email@example.com.
This Association of Fundraising Professionals' annual awards program recognizes outstanding philanthropic achievements that have made a significant impact in our community. Honored individuals and organizations form a vital partnership with charities and the nonprofit sector to ensure that the needs of all citizens are met. The National Philanthropy Day awards honor those who hold high ethical standards and best exemplify commitment and dedication toward helping society.
Honorees will be selected by the Awards Selection Committee, comprised of past award winners and co-chairs of the 2018 National Philanthropy Day committee.
Presentation of Honors
The individuals and organizations selected will receive their honors at the Association of Fundraising Professionals Western New York Chapter National Philanthropy Day Luncheon on Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at Salvatore's Italian Gardens, (arrival at 11:30am luncheon begins at 12:00pm.)