The 2019 nomination period is now closed.
Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination. The selection committee will be meeting in the coming weeks and a selection will be announced immediately following.
This Association of Fundraising Professionals' annual awards program recognizes outstanding philanthropic achievements that have made a significant impact in our community. Honored individuals and organizations form a vital partnership with charities and the nonprofit sector to ensure that the needs of all citizens are met. Our annual National Philanthropy Day awards honor those who hold high ethical standards and best exemplify commitment and dedication toward helping society.
Click an award to access the online submission form:
Outstanding Young Philanthropist (age 18 or younger at the time of nomination)
Rising Star Award (age 35 or younger at the time of nomination)
*The Rising Star Professional Fundraiser award is awarded every other year, alternating with the Earle Hannel Outstanding Fundraising Executive award.
- The 2019 nomination period is open May 3, 2019 through June 17, 2019.
- Nominations will be accepted via electronic form through Monday, June 17, 2019.
- Nominations must be prepared/submitted by a current member of the AFP WNY Chapter in good standing.
- As a nominator, if your nominee is selected as a category award winner, you will serve as the point of contact for gathering photos, bio information and any necessary company logos before Friday, September 6, 2019.
- Nominations are reviewed by the awards selection committee as you submit them. Please make sure that they are free of typos and are the best possible representation of you, your organization and your nominee.
- If you have further questions about the nomination process, please contact Kathryn Washburn Main, Chapter Manager at 716-887-2655 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Honorees will be selected by the Awards Selection Committee, comprised of past award winners and co-chairs of the 2019 National Philanthropy Day committee.
Presentation of Honors
The individuals and organizations selected will receive their honors at the Association of Fundraising Professionals Western New York Chapter National Philanthropy Day Luncheon on Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at Salvatore's Italian Gardens (arrival at 11:30am luncheon begins at 12:00pm.).