November 2 & 3, 2023 (2-day series)
8:00 am - 5:00 pm ET (Each Day)
$799 (Members); Not eligible (Non-members)
This session is hosted in person in our AFP Global Office in Arlington, VA. The address is: 4200 Wilson Blvd #480 Arlington, VA 22203
Eligible for 15 CFRE points
This 2-day course is AFP's "train the trainer" program that helps ensure quality in education by providing formal training for prospective faculty and instructors of AFP's professional development programs.
Participants receive comprehensive, hands-on training in adult education principles, learning styles, classroom management, assessment, and other related topics.
Learning objectives include:
- Apply adult learning concepts to make training programs more engaging and participatory.
- Conduct effective and interesting presentations that engage, challenge, and invigorate learners.
- Use innovative training techniques to create course-specific games, simulations, exercises, case studies, role plays, ice breakers, and energizers.
- Handle difficult trainee behavior and manage the classroom environment.
- Develop lesson plans.
- Effectively use visual aids to supplement and reinforce training programs.
Course eligibility requirements & expectations – Participants must:
- Possess extensive experience in the nonprofit sector and thorough knowledge of the fundraising profession.
- Regularly participate in continuing education in fundraising, with a minimum of 45 contact hours within the previous three years.
- Maintain current AFP membership.
- Maintenance of CFRE credential is helpful but not absolutely necessary.
Course graduates are asked to serve as faculty for a minimum of three AFP courses for the 2-year period after graduation. Of course AFP welcomes any additional commitment. These AFP courses include AFP's Fundamentals in Fundraising, CFRE Refresher, and Donor Retention courses, on behalf of AFP and AFP chapters.
Graduates who remain AFP members and continue to serve as faculty for AFP courses are maintained on the AFP Certified Facilitators List. AFP encourages its chapters and partner organizations to recruit faculty for their classes from this list.