Announcements

• COVID-19 Update - Message from the President, David Love, CFRE

Update: April 6, 2020

The past few weeks have reminded us all about the importance and value of human connection. As we practice social distancing, and careful hand-washing, while also learning to work remotely, our patterns and channels for being with and around each other have shifted dramatically. As fundraisers, we take great pride in connecting people to projects and causes they are passionate about, and now we're all learning how to foster these connections in new ways.

Our Chapter's members are wonderful resources during this time of intense change and stress. Please, reach out to a colleague, myself, or a member of our Chapter's Board for advice, for support or just for a conversation. As a valued AFP member, you have additional resources through AFP Global. Our colleagues are demonstrating exceptional leadership and guidance for our sector. AFP chapters across Canada and the United States are working to find ways to support their members, share ideas and learn from each other on AFP Connect. We also invite you to follow us on Facebook or LinkedIn to stay connected with our Chapter and your local colleagues.

Your Professional Development Committee is developing programming in this age of Zoom. Previously scheduled sessions this Spring are postponed and/or will be hosted virtually. These updates have been and will be shared via email and posted to the Chapter's website.

I'm pleased to let you know that the first of our FREE virtual sessions - What B.C. nonprofits can do to thrive during the crisis and will be hosted by Harvey McKinnon and guests next Wednesday, April 15th at 1PM. On Thursday, June 18th we will host our virtual AGM, followed by a BYOB Happy Hour with your AFP Greater Vancouver Chapter Board.

We know you are receiving a lot of email right now. Our goal is to ensure that we send you timely and relevant information – about our community and our Chapter, and from the Board Committees and volunteers who are working behind-the-scenes on behalf of all of our members and the entire sector. Please reach out to me directly at david@lovefundraising.ca or info@afpvancouver.org with your thoughts, feedback and suggestions.

I also have some exciting news to share! AFP Greater Vancouver has been honoured by AFP Global as a "Ten Star GOLD" Chapter. This designation is awarded to chapters who accomplish 10 specific goals that align with AFP Global's strategic objectives and thanks to you, we have upgraded to GOLD. Congratulations to us!

I know we are all stretched very thin right now and that we are trying to forecast for an unknown future. Please be kind to yourselves. We will get through this together. I believe our profession will continue to provide steadfast leadership within our organizations and our community.

Onwards!

David Love, CFRE
    President, AFP Greater Vancouver Chapter
    Principal, LOVEfundraising
    david@lovefundraising.ca