Welcome to the AFP Greater Wichita job posting center! This service is designed to share pertinent career information with our audience of development professionals in the Greater Wichita area.
All positions are featured on our AFP Greater Wichita Chapter website for 30 days. They will also be emailed out to the AFP Wichita email database- nearly 700 professionals in the Greater Wichita area as well as appear in our monthly newsletter, "Elevate." Please email your job post to the email address below. Your organization will be directly invoiced within 48 hours of your post. When the invoice has been paid, the job will be published to the website and sent out to our list.
$60 for AFP Members
$75 for Non-Members
Please contact Bridget Mersmann at AFPWichitaChapter@gmail.com if you have any questions.
Kansas Hispanic Education & Development Foundation
Posted September 3, 2019
Click here for the full job description and please direct all inquires to Irma Luna, Irma.Luna@khedf.org
Fundraising Campaign Specialist, Student Series
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Posted August 19, 2019
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Responsible for managing and implementing one (1) or more small to midsize fundraising campaign or core event(s), and/or multiple independent elements on several campaigns or core events for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) in support of LLS’ mission, within the Chapter's chartered area.
Reports to: Sr. Campaign Manager
Campaign: Student Series
- Oversee all aspects of small to midsize fundraising campaign(s) and/or multiple independent elements on several Campaign(s) to include the Student Series Programs, or other fundraising campaigns as assigned, including participation in committee meetings, recruitment and kickoff events, etc.
- Ensure revenue goals are attained by partnering with chapter leadership to identify, recruit, manage and steward volunteer committees and fundraising campaign participants.
- Identifies, cultivates and stewards campaign volunteers/donors/teams/participants by developing and implementing campaign appropriate strategies and relationship cultivation activities for successful recruitment, acknowledgement and retention of volunteers/donors/teams/participants.
- Act as an on-site manager during the campaign fundraising event, overseeing activities, staff, vendors, and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants, and resolutions of problems.
- Manage and adhere to campaign timelines and budgets by tracking revenue and expenses associated with assigned fundraising campaigns.
- Oversee logistics, timelines and other operational elements for assigned fundraising campaigns.
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising goals, budget recommendations, vendors, volunteer goals, and timelines.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, and overall success of the campaign.
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for volunteer leadership and participants to develop and achieve personal fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups, schools, and key donors to engage their support in LLS fundraising campaign(s).
- Connect with vendors to secure the best rate or donation of services needed for the campaign(s).
- Develop/modify marketing materials (brochures, recruitment, promotional flyers, pledge forms) to promote the fundraising campaign.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2 years fundraising, sales, marketing, communications, event planning experience.
- Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy & advocacy and research.
- Excellent MS Office Suite and database management skills.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Professional and solid judgment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Travel within the Chapter's designated area.
- Required to work evenings or weekends.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position please follow this link: