Welcome to the AFP Greater Wichita job posting center! This service is designed to share pertinent career information with our audience of development professionals in the Greater Wichita area.
All positions are featured on our AFP Greater Wichita Chapter website for 30 days. They will also be emailed out to the AFP Wichita email database- nearly 600 professionals in the Greater Wichita area as well as appear in our monthly newsletter, "Elevate." Please email your job post to the email address below. Your organization will be directly invoiced within 48 hours of your post. When the invoice has been paid, the job will be published to the website and sent out to our list.
$60 for AFP Members
$75 for Non-Members
Please contact Bridget Mersmann at AFPWichitaChapter@gmail.com if you have any questions.
Posted April 1, 2020
Opportunity Wichita requests proposals for a grant writer to provide grant search and writing services, reporting to the organization on a contractual basis.
Background Information: Opportunity Wichita is a Kansas 501(c)(3) to engage community partners to develop a
community vision to address education, quality of life, infrastructure, workforce, economic development, and community leadership opportunities in the greater Wichita area. It works closely with the Greater Wichita Partnership, Downtown Wichita, and other initiatives like Project Wichita and the Riverfront Legacy Master Plan.
The purpose of these services is to search and apply for grants that pertain to the key initiatives and strategies of Opportunity Wichita.
Scope of Work
Opportunity Wichita seeks to expand the opportunity to identify, pursue, and apply for more grants to support its work. These initiatives would include, but would not be limited to:
- Early childhood literacy initiatives
- Workforce education and development
- Collective impact strategies for increasing high school graduation rates
- Talent recruitment and development
- Economic development initiatives
- Downtown development, activation, and placemaking
- Mental health prevention, community awareness, and crisis care
The grant writer will work closely with Opportunity Wichita board members and contracted service providers (who also serve as employees as the Greater Wichita Partnership).
Responsibilities of the role would include:
- Understanding and actively engaging in the successful implementation of Opportunity Wichita’s fundraising and development plan
- Establish a grant search work plan and scope of work via a needs assessment
- Ongoing grant prospect research supported by communication from Opportunity Wichita board and service providers at Greater Wichita Partnership
- Consistent and clear communication with management about grant prospects, grant feasibility, grant proposal and reporting requirements, and deadlines
- Assist with and support of post-award grant requirements and reporting protocols
Requesting that proposals be submitted to Evan@greaterwichitapartnership.org by April 2020.