The Association of Fundraising Professionals, Mid-Hudson Valley Chapter (AFPMHV) was founded in 2006. Our chapter provides resources to fundraising professionals who serve approximately 4,500 public charities registered in the six counties in the Mid-Hudson Valley including Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, and Ulster.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is the professional association of individuals and organizations that generate philanthropic support for a wide variety of charitable institutions. Founded in 1960, AFP advances philanthropy through its 30,000 members in more than 240 chapters throughout the world and has inspired global change and supported efforts that have generated over $1 trillion. AFP’s individual and organizational members raise over $115 billion annually.
AFPMHV works in collaboration with other professional development organizations in the area to provide educational opportunities of the highest quality through pooling of resources. As a volunteer-based organization, the Chapter provides opportunities for members to serve on committees and contribute to the Chapter’s ongoing development.
Member benefits and activities include:
- Monthly webinars on topics of interest to fundraising professionals, board members and other nonprofit managers. These sessions are provided by AFP Global and are hosted by chapter members in locations around the six county region of the Mid-Hudson Valley. There is no fee for members to attend these events; non-members are welcome at a $20 fee per program.
- Networking events, where members and their guests can meet and mingle in a relaxed environment with colleagues, are hosted "after hours" at local restaurants in the area.
- A select number of scholarships are available annually to provide qualified individuals and organizations with an AFP membership.
- A Mentoring Program for both new and seasoned fundraisers enables members to learn from each other, share skills, and develop new connections.
All AFP members must subscribe to the AFP Code of Ethical Standards and promote the Donor Bill of Rights.
- Special programming such as National Philanthropy Day, virtual and in-person Chapter Chats and forums, and other events with guest speakers are offered.