The San Diego Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is delighted to announce the 2019-2021 Colette M. Murray Fellows Scholarship.
The application is now open! Applications will be accepted from May 1 - May 31.
Click here to apply.
The Colette M. Murray Fellows Scholarship is an outreach initiative of the AFP San Diego Chapter to encourage diversity within our profession by offering incentives for AFP membership to persons who are members of a diverse community and/or those working for nonprofit organizations in San Diego County serving diverse communities. These include, but are not limited to, ethnic, economically challenged, LGBT, age-defined, or physically disabled communities. In addition, the chapter seeks to have a broad representation of fundraisers from the various sectors of the nonprofit spectrum (arts, health, environment, animals, etc). The chapter’s objective is to offer our educational resources and the collective professional expertise of our membership – in accessible and user-friendly formats – to assist individuals in building their organization’s capacity and professional fundraising skills.
The Chapter’s ultimate goal is to encourage greater numbers of persons from diverse communities and/or serving diverse communities to become active members of AFP San Diego, AFP International, and our profession. We believe the result will be of significant mutual benefit, with the chapter demonstrating AFP’s value to those not familiar with AFP, and with the Fellows assisting AFP, both at the chapter and international levels, to be more responsive to their needs and to those of the wider fundraising community.
Benefits and Expectations of Participation
The Colette M. Murray Fellowship provides the following benefits for two years:
- Complimentary annual AFP International/San Diego Chapter membership for two years (currently valued at $310 per year);
- Complimentary admittance to monthly chapter luncheon programs in the first year (10 scheduled each year; approximate value: $350);
- Complimentary admission to chapter workshops (usually held prior to monthly luncheons);
- Complimentary participation in the AFP San Diego Mentorship Program; and
- Complimentary ticket to annual AFP National Philanthropy Day (approximate value: $85).
Regular attendance at luncheons and workshops is expected.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be employed a minimum of 20 hours a week for a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in San Diego County;
- Spend at least 50% of their time on fundraising duties and responsibilities;
- Have no more than three years’ experience in the fundraising profession;
- Be a part of a diverse community or fundraising for an organization serving a diverse community;
- Not be a current member of AFP
- Commit to continuing paid membership in AFP at the conclusion of the two-year Fellows Program;
- Have the full support of their supervisor and their organization’s leadership to participate in this two-year educational program;
- Attend chapter luncheons, workshops, programs and events;
- Participate as a volunteer for National Philanthropy Day and the AFP International Conference when it is hosted in San Diego.
This PDF is for reference only. To apply, please use the link below.