SNAP! (Senior Network of Advancement Professionals)
The purpose of the Senior Network of Advancement Professionals (SNAP) is to provide educational and networking opportunities for senior-level members of AFP San Diego to help them advance in their profession, serve as resources for each other to ensure the highest level of ethical practice and to contribute to the advancement of San Diego’s nonprofit and philanthropic communities.
This group is for senior-level AFP members who are committed to advancing the profession of development through networking and education, and who have demonstrated a strong, positive commitment to the philanthropic community and the development profession.
For more information, please contact Lori Tori: SNAP! Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AFP members invited to join SNAP! have their:
- CFRE (or)
- At least 10 years of experience in a fundraising/development role
AND meet two of the criteria listed below:
- Demonstrated growth in their organization or professionally
- Demonstrated commitment as a development professional to an organization for more than 5 years
- Demonstrated management of people in the profession
- Mentoring other professionals
Benefits of SNAP!
- Resource for succession planning in our community
- Education through sharing experiences and building trust among colleagues
- Higher level education for experience development professional
SNAP! Strategic Goals:
Strategic Goal 1: Networking/Membership
To provide networking opportunities for fundraising professionals to learn together, make better decisions, have more fun and influence philanthropy by understanding their role as having the power to make a difference.
Strategic Goal 2: CFRE/Education
To elevate the fundraising profession and perception that will help professionals become better leaders benefiting AFP and the philanthropic community.
Increase your professionalism and advance your career by becoming a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE).Perhaps you've been thinking about it for awhile, but need that extra little push to start the CFRE process. The Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation provides you with a way to demonstrate your achievements, integrity, and mastery of philanthropic fundraising to your employer, colleagues, donors and the community at large.
For more information about the CFRE exam, including the application to take the exam, go to www.CFRE.org