AFP Members: $20 // Non-Members: $30
Fundraising is both an art and a science, and everyone has their own style. Hear from some of AFP San Diego’s own “seasoned pros” about some of their favorite tips and tricks, as well as lessons learned in their years as professional fundraisers.
Key Learning Objectives:
Setting Your Team Up for Success – Dawn Wensel, VP Development, Reality Changers
- Importance of weekly feedback
- Managing up, middle & down for team success
- Navigating the new hybrid workplace
Communication Styles – Mark Legace, Director of Philanthropy, Home Start, Inc.
- Identifying different personality and work styles
- How to use those different styles to the team’s advantage
IDEA in Your Team – Wendy McKinney, Author, Speaker and Leadership Coach
- Why IDEA is important to your team’s success
- How to create a more inclusive workplace
Leading by Example – Mary Rose McDermott, Director of Philanthropy, Rady Children’s Hospital
- Modeling best practices for success in the workplace
- Real world examples of how doing the right thing inspires the team