Current and prospective board members should complete the following online application by Friday, September 13, 2019.Purpose
: To promote the common professional interests of AFP members and to further the purposes of the Chapter through nonprofit activities including, but not limited to, education, training, meetings, workshops, publications and other relevant activities.Mission
: To advance philanthropy through education, training and advocacy.Major Responsibilities:
*Members of the board share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of the Association of Fundraising Professionals West Florida Chapter. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.
- Organizational leadership and advisement
- Organization of the board of directors, officers, and committees
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Oversight of program planning and evaluation
- Board evaluation and development
- Review of organizational and programmatic reports
- Promotion of the organization
- Fundraising and outreach
Meetings and time commitment:
Length of Term: Chapter officers shall be elected by membership, and shall serve one year terms, with a maximum of two terms in each office. No office may serve more than eight years consecutively on the chapter board unless also serving as President, President-elect or Immediate Past President. Chapter Officers include President, President-elect, Immediate Past President, Treasurer, Secretary and Vice Presidents (as determined by the chapter board as necessary or advisable).
Expectations of board members:
- 2-5 hours per month
- Regular participation in monthly board meetings. After three consecutive unexcused absences, resignation is considered automatically tendered.
- Attendance at a minimum of 75% of monthly lunch meetings.
- Belief in and support of professional fundraising standards and ethics.
- Annual donation to the “Be The Cause” campaign.
- Attendance at the annual National Philanthropy Day event, barring any unforeseen circumstances.
- Support of National Philanthropy Day, defined as at least one of the following:
- Personally submitting or successfully soliciting submission of at least one nomination.
- Securing a sponsorship.
- Active promotion of AFP membership to prospective new members.
- Abide by the AFP Code of Ethical Standards.