The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), West Florida Chapter, proudly announced recipients of the 2019 National Philanthropy Day awards during its annual luncheon held at the Pensacola Yacht Club this past Friday. Nearly 200 attended the luncheon to honor and celebrate award nominees and winners.
- Rob (posth.) and Judie Zitzewitz were named the 2019 Outstanding Volunteer Fundraisers of the Year. This award is for individuals with a proven track record of ongoing, significant time and commitment for one or more organizations.
- Karoline Barkley was named the 2019 Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy of the Year. This award recognizes services by an individual or a group of young people ages 10-23 who demonstrate outstanding commitment to the community through direct financial support, development of charitable programs, volunteering and leadership in philanthropy.
- Gulf Power Foundation was named the 2019 Outstanding Charitable Foundation of the Year. This award honors a family or business foundation that demonstrates outstanding commitment through financial support, innovation, encouragement, and motivation of others to take leadership roles in philanthropy and national, international and/or community involvement.
- United Way of West Florida was named the 2019 Philanthropic Service Organization of the Year. This award recognizes a community-based organization that is not otherwise connected to a foundation or business, whose grant programs, donations and charitable activities significantly enrich the community.
- Hill Kelly Dodge and Ascend Performance Materials were both named the Philanthropic Businesses of the Year. This award honors a corporation or business in Northwest Florida that demonstrates outstanding commitment through financial support, encouragement, and motivation of others to take leadership roles toward philanthropy and community involvement.
- Julian and Kim MacQueen were named the 2019 Philanthropists of the Year. This award recognizes exceptional generosity and civic responsibility demonstrated by significant financial contributions to charitable organizations in the community.
- Sally McConnell (posth.) was named the 2019 Outstanding Fundraising Professional of the Year. This award is given to a fundraising professional of at least five years and have been involved in the Association of Fundraising Professionals Chapter, shaping and molding not just their nonprofit of employment, but the profession as a whole.
National Philanthropy Day is designed to celebrate and highlight the accomplishments of giving, volunteering and charitable engagement within our community. The AFP, West Florida Chapter, has held the National Philanthropy Day Awards locally since 1990. For more information and previous winners, please visit community.afpnet.org/afpflwestchapter or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event was made possible by generous sponsorships from PenAir Federal Credit Union, Appleyard Agency, Gulf Power Company, Baptist Health Care, Pam Schwartz, Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy, and the University of West Florida. AFP also thanks Pensacola Yacht Club for their hospitality and Bara'ah Jaraiseh at Ballinger Publishing for capturing the moments during the awards luncheon.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), an international organization comprised of over 30,000 fundraisers in more than 230 chapters from around the world works to advance philanthropy through advocacy, research, education, and certification programs. The West Florida Chapter is comprised of members primarily from Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties. For additional information on the organization including information on membership, visit the West Florida Chapter website.