Date posted: 7/7/2021
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT, PARENT GIVING
Chaminade College Preparatory seeks an experienced fundraiser to join our team of Advancement professionals in the role of DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT, PARENT GIVING.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Advancement, The Director of Development, Parent Giving is the primary manager for all parent and grandparent fundraising activities and initiatives. In collaboration with the Vice President, the Director will develop and implement plans and strategies to increase participation and financial support to Chaminade; specifically, at the leadership level ($1,000+). The Director will recommend major gift prospects for the President, Vice President and the Director of Major Gifts. In addition, the Director will develop, recruit, motivate, and manage parent volunteers dedicated to increasing financial support to Chaminade.
The Director oversees all current parent fundraising activities related to the Chaminade Fund and the Annual fundraising event. This includes donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities related to these events. Additional duties include other activities related to annual, major gift and planned giving; capital campaigns; special events; and volunteer management, as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the philosophy, principles and characteristics of Marianist Assures quality services to students, faculty, staff, parents, outside organizations and communities. Practices sound economic principles.
- Prepares and implements an annual Parent and Grandparent Giving Plan that establishes qualitative and quantitative Report progress and provide assessment and analysis on a regular basis.
- Develops and implements sophisticated plans and strategies to increase parent, grandparent and alumni parent and grandparent participation to the Chaminade Fund through direct mail, digital means, phone-a-thons, personal visits, and face to face solicitations. Effectively communicates the financial needs of the school and builds continuing relationships with donors leading to long-term investment in Chaminade.
- Increases membership in the President’s Identifies, cultivates and personally solicits and stewards prospects for leadership level gifts ($1,000+).
- Monitors continuous and dynamic Donor Upgrade Program and works closely with the Vice President and Director of Major Gifts to identify prospects and to develop strategies for increasing giving levels of leadership donors.
- Identifies major gift prospects among parents and grandparents, recommending cultivation and solicitation strategies for the Director of Major Gifts, President and Vice President.
- Manages a stewardship program that includes oversight and contact with parent and grandparent donors that will lead to increased retention rates.
- Works closely with the Registrar’s Office to ensure all student family information is accurate and up-to-date on new and existing families enrolled in the school. Works with the Registrar’s Office and the Business Office to ensure uniformity and consistency of data across the departments.
- Coordinates the planning and execution of the Annual fundraising event. Serves as staff officer to the Gala Committee, recruiting and coordinating the efforts of volunteers. Oversees planning, promotion, registration, and execution of the auction (the Director of Major Gifts will serve on the Gala committee and coordinate sponsorships).
- Assists the Vice President and department managers in the roll-out of special events, committee meetings, and meeting arrangements.
- Collaborates with the Advancement Events Manager to plan and execute donor cultivation and recognition events for Parents and Grandparents.
- Coordinates the sharing of information and planning events and programs with advancement colleagues and school wide departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates should have a combination of education and experience equivalent to the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or
- Minimum of five (5) years in development/advancement at the university or independent school level or a non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of direct mail, phone-a-thon, volunteer management, event production, and communication.
- Direct experience in identification, cultivation, and face to face solicitation of
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge strongly
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Passion for Chaminade’s mission (see About Chaminade)
- Conscientious in execution of duties with a strong attention to detail
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office programs, especially MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of and ability to maintain an information database
- Strong organizational, research, administrative, and time management skills
- Ability to effectively lead and manage staff and volunteers
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong office skills used in daily correspondence and publications, including spelling, punctuation and grammatical skills, and the ability to proof and edit work
- Maintains a results-oriented mindset to effectively work with staff and constituents at all levels
- Ability to influence and engage a wide range of constituents and build long-term relationships
- Ability to work and engage productively with volunteers, donors, alumni, students, and other departments within the school
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also as a member of a team
- Ability to handle deadlines and stressful situations in a calm, orderly, and accurate manner
- Ability to maintain confidential office information, including donors, contributions, and all constituent information
- Ability to assume responsibility without direct supervision, exercise initiative and judgment; to prioritize and organize workload to complete assignments in a timely manner, and to make decisions within the scope of assigned authority
- Commitment to continued professional growth and development in order to maintain and upgrade relevant knowledge, skills, and abilities
Deadline for Submission of Applications
Applications are being accepted immediately. This position is open until filled.
Salary and Benefits
Salary Range: $85,000 – $95,000
This is a full-time 12 month per year, salaried position. This position is exempt from overtime. The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. Chaminade employees enjoy a competitive employee benefits program including medical, dental and vision coverages, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement plan contribution, and voluntary supplemental life insurance and long-term care coverages.
Interested applicants may apply online through our employment webpage at: www.chaminade.org/employment.
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter.
Any applicant who needs help or needs an accommodation in order to apply for any position should contact the human resources office at (818) 366-9284.
Chaminade is an independent co-educational Catholic school serving students in grades 6-12 at our two beautiful campuses located in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles. One of the best things about Chaminade is our strong sense of family. We work together, play together, and pray together. We are a family, a community committed to the success and well-being of each and every student.
We inspire young people to love, learn, and lead through our Catholic and Marianist traditions of a living faith, academic excellence, and moral responsibility.
Chaminade College Preparatory graduates are prepared, inspired, and equipped to:
- Share God’s love by caring for others and seeking justice and
- Learn, adapt, and grow with the world around
- Become servant leaders and positive contributors to society.
The Characteristics of Marianist Education
Chaminade's mission and culture are deeply rooted in the five Characteristics of Marianist Education which are:
- Educating for Formation in Faith
- Providing an Integral Quality Education
- Educating in Family Spirit
- Educating for Service, Justice, and Peace and the Integrity of Creation
- Educating for Adaptation and Change
Chaminade's Commitment to Diversity
Chaminade College Preparatory is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion and the value that a rich and diverse community brings to our school. Our employee culture is deeply rooted in our Catholic faith and the five Characteristics of Marianist Education. Our Catholic Marianist tradition is lived on our campuses every day, and is evident in our Chaminade Family Spirit where each of our faculty and staff is valued for their unique and varied gifts and talents. Chaminade's faculty, staff, and administration come from all faiths, ethnicities, races, genders, and socioeconomic backgrounds and we are stronger for it.
For more information about Chaminade, visit our website at: www.chaminade.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
Chaminade College Preparatory is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, or genetic information, or other basis protected by law for employment in a Catholic school. Applicants who need an accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment and hiring process should contact the human resources department in order to discuss reasonable accommodation.
DOWNLOAD PDF JOB DESCRIPTION