Date posted: 9/20/2022
Assistant Director, Annual Giving for Athletics
California State University, Northridge
Under the direction of the Senior Associate Athletic Director of External Relations (Athletics Department) and in partnership with the Director of Development for Athletics (University Advancement), the Assistant Director of Annual Giving for Athletics implements and oversees a comprehensive annual fund program that increases private philanthropic support for the Athletics Department. As directed by the Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Relations, the incumbent analyzes donor metrics and implement strategies to increase both annual giving revenues and total number of donors to the athletics department annual fund program at California State University, Northridge.
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Development (University Relations and Advancement) and the Offices of Development and Annual Giving and administers the sponsor benefits program.
- Manages donor engagement experiences and stewardship strategies to sustain and strengthen donor relationships.
- Operates within the scope and intent of NCAA, Big West Conference, and University regulations and takes on special projects as needed, at the direction of the Senior Associate Athletics Director for External Relations.
- As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university’s vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in a job-related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Equivalent to two years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience.
- Three (3) years of fundraising experience in a university development program, non-profit organization, or equivalent experience, preferably in an environment with a focus on Athletics is desired.
- Experience working successfully in an annual fund program, preferably in the Los Angeles philanthropic community, with a demonstrated track record of successfully closing annual fund gifts is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills. Superior interpersonal, planning, strategic, and analytical skills. Self-motivated and well-organized.
- Broad knowledge of multiple sports and/or in-depth knowledge of at least one sport preferred.
- Understanding of the dynamic and evolving college athletics environment, preferably in a large metropolitan market like Los Angeles or similar.
- Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
- Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
- The anticipated HIRING RATE is up to 60,000 per year, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- The position is currently hybrid (3 days in office, 2 days remote); however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
To Apply: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/516234/assistant-director-of-annual-giving-for-athletics
DOWNLOAD PDF JOB DESCRIPTION