Workplace Wellness Presentation
By HARC for AFP Inland Empire Chapter 2022
This interactive presentation will educate and empower listeners on the following:
- What “workplace wellness” is, and why it’s good for both the worker and the workplace
- Different facets of workplace wellness, including safety/ergonomics, fitness/physical health, and mental health/company culture
- How workplace wellness has changed in the last five years, and why it is more important than ever if you want your organization to succeed
- How to improve workplace wellness for you and your team—starting with simple, low-to-no-cost solutions
- How to move forward and make positive change in your work environment
Dr. Cassaundra Leier
Dr. Leier is the Director of Research and Evaluation at HARC (Health Assessment and Research for Communities), a nonprofit research and evaluation organization based in Palm Desert. She holds a master’s degree in industrial/organizational psychology from California State University of San Bernardino and a doctorate in organizational communication from Arizona State University. Dr. Leier has conducted research related to individual well-being and workplace practices that foster positivity and creativity.
For interested viewers, you can watch a recorded webinar featuring Dr. Leier and Dr. Mark Agars at the California State University, San Bernardino Institute for Child Development and Family Relations Conference entitled “Managing Work and Family in a Post-COVID World” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbGPGD3aRGU
Dr. Jenna LeComte-Hinely
Dr. LeComte-Hinely is the Chief Executive Officer of HARC (Health Assessment and Research for Communities), a nonprofit research and evaluation organization based in Palm Desert. She holds a master’s and a doctorate in industrial/organizational psychology from Portland State University, with an emphasis in occupational health psychology, which focuses on keeping workers happy, healthy, and productive. She has been doing research in the field of workplace wellness since 2008 and is the founder of the Coachella Valley Workplace Wellness Awards/Symposium.
For interested viewers, you can watch the recorded 2022 Workplace Wellness Symposium here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KZZJDv8Bos
Dr. LeComte-Hinely has been named one of Palm Springs Life’s “40 Under Forty” and one of the top 50 influencers in the Coachella Valley, as well as one of Desert Charities News’ “Women Who Inspire Us”.