Professional Development and Networking
Membership provides access to continuing education opportunities offered locally and through the International Headquarters. Members receive discounts on registration fees.
- AFP Inland Empire membership meetings are held the third Tuesday of the month offering members an excellent opportunity to meet other development professionals representing the diverse fundraising community within the Inland Empire region. Non-members are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- Join your colleagues at special workshops, mixers and other gatherings where you can network with professionals from the area and learn from the best in the field. If you’re looking for your next career opportunity, you’re likely to find it at AFP. Check the calendar for upcoming meeting dates.
- Interested in CFRE certification? Interested in obtaining CFRE certification? The AFP Inland Empire Chapter has invested in promoting CFRE certification by purchasing the latest copy of the test study guide. If you are a member of the chapter, you may reserve a copy of the study guide free of charge. For more information about the CFRE program visit CFRE.org.
- The Inland Empire AFP Chapter offers many opportunities for volunteerism in order to provide hands-on leadership training and skills you may not be able to gain in your current position. The success of your local chapter of AFP depends on a solid volunteer base. Contact us if you would like to know more about volunteer opportunities such as National Philanthropy Day, committee work or service as a member of the board of directors.
- AFP's International Conference is held each spring and brings more than 4,000 fundraising professionals together to discuss, teach, and learn about new development issues. It offers more than 150 educational sessions designed to serve the development needs of participants from entry level to highly experienced. The Conference exhibit hall features over 300 vendors.
Publications and Resources
A wealth of publications, library services and research findings keep AFP members current on fundraising best practices and giving trends.
- AFP's bi-monthly magazine Advancing Philanthropy examines issues facing fundraisers and the philanthropic process. It includes enlightening interviews, how-to articles, current research and information on public policy.
- The AFP Fundraising Resource Center staff are available to research and locate answers to your fundraising questions from over 3,200 reference works.
- The AFP website contains a wealth of information for members only, including the Ready Reference series, research findings and online discussion groups.
- AFP monitors legislative and regulatory issues that affect fundraising and philanthropy and keeps members informed through Legislative Updates and Action Alerts.
- AFP members have access to the AFP Membership Directory online through the Member Gateway. This members-only benefit is an important networking and resource tool.
- Receive substantial discounts on fees for workshops, monthly chapter meetings, mixers, special events and conferences at the local, national and international level.
- Check the AFP national website for information about discounts when looking for a college or university to further your education and advance your career.
- Members receive discounts on books through the AFP Bookstore, one of the largest offerings of specialized books on fundraising, volunteerism and philanthropy.
Now that you've seen all AFP has to offer, click Join AFP to become a member today!