AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising Course (2-Day Program)
December 6, 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM & December 7, 8:00 AM - 5:45 PM
The AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising course is an introductory, 2-day course providing a comprehensive overview of fundraising principles at the fundamental level. The course content covers the roles and responsibilities of fundraisers, with emphasis on responsibilities you are likely to encounter at the beginning of your career.
The course is taught in an active learning style and includes case studies and projects for groups and individuals, making the learning experience both substantive and enjoyable.
Learning objectives include:
- Discuss the essential components of an integrated development plan.
- Explain the elements of a marketing and communications plan that shares the organization’s message, informs constituents, and engages donors.
- Develop and sustain relationships with prospective donors, current donors, and volunteers.
- Plan individual and group solicitation strategies to secure annual and major gifts.
- Execute management policies and procedures to ensure fundraising activities are conducted with proper records management and stewardship.
- Demonstrate key ethics and accountability principles and practices in fundraising activities.
Leslie Carmona, CFRE (more about Leslie)
Module 1: Overview of Fundraising & Module 2: Developing an Integrated Fundraising Program
Dawn Dyer Magretta, CFRE
Module 3: Marketing for Ongoing Success
Module 4: Building & Sustaining Relationships
Module 5: Securing the Gift
Module 6: Volunteers – Partners in Fundraising
Module 7: Management & Accountability
The course is worth 16 CFRE continuing education credits.
AFP Members $450
Non-AFP Members $550
Fisher Fellows $350
Registration is required. Registration will close at 12:00 PM on December 5.