NPD Breakfast Roundtables
presented by The Kresge Foundation
Thursday, October 26
Durfee Innovation Society at Life Remodeled, 2470 Collingwood St., Detroit, MI 48206
NPD Breakfast Committee Chair: Steve Ragan
The Association of Fundraising Professionals Greater Detroit Chapter will be holding its second annual National Philanthropy Day Breakfast Roundtables on October 26 at the Durfee Innovation Society, the home of Life Remodeled. This event brings together an incredible group of the Greater Detroit community's individual, corporate, and foundation philanthropy leadership for a discussion about the important and changing role of philanthropy in Detroit.
This year will feature a keynote panel moderated by past National Philanthropy Day honoree, SAYDetroit founder, and best-selling author Mitch Albom.
Panelists throughout the morning event will include:
8:00 AM Registration Opens and Continental Breakfast is available
8:30 AM AFP Greater Detroit Chapter President Leslie Carmona welcomes guests
8:35 AM Steve Ragan, Chair of National Philanthropy Day Leadership Breakfast, Acknowledges NPD Honorees, Makes Brief Remarks and Introduces first Panel
8:45 AM The Changing Role of Philanthropy in Greater Detroit
Moderated by Mitch Albom, Founder Say Detroit, Best Selling Author
- Ric Devore, President and CEO, Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan
- Wendy Lewis Jackson, Managing Director, Kresge Foundation
- Kylee Mitchell Wells, Executive Director, SE Michigan, The Ballmer Group
- Faye Nelson, Michigan Director, W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- Mary Culler, President, Ford Motor Company Fund
9:45 AM Panel #1 Concludes followed by short break to switch panelists
9:50 AM Steve Ragan introduces Shenise Foote for Special Message from IDEA Committee
9:55 AM Philanthropy’s Impact: A Detroit Perspective
Moderated by Jeremiah Steen, Trustee, The Skillman Foundation
- Kate Levin Markel, President, McGregor Foundation
- Latrice McClendon, Detroit Director, Knight Foundation
- Logan Newman, Youth Philanthropist and Member, Skillman Youth Council
- Lauren Hood, Founder, Institute for Afro Urbanism
10:55 AM Panel #2 Concludes followed by short break to switch panelists
11:00 AM Steve Ragan introduces our host, Chris Lambert, for brief remarks about Life Remodeled
11:05 AM Philanthropy’s Response to New Challenges
Moderated by Eileen Savage, Chief Advancement Officer, Cranbrook Education Community
- Michael Bickers, Michigan Market President, PNC
- Cynthia K. Rowell, Director of Learning and Impact, Max M. & Marjorie S. Fisher Foundation
- Kellie Ray, Partner and Not-for-Profit Industry Group Leader, Plante Moran
- Nikia S. Washington, Incoming Director of Member Engagement, Council of Michigan Foundation, TSOP
11:55 AM Panel Concludes; Departing Remarks by Steve Ragan
To ensure that the event is accessible to community-based nonprofits and their staff, tickets are only $10 thanks to the Detroit philanthropy community including foundations and corporations such as the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Foundation; W.K. Kellogg Foundation; the Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan; Corewell Health, Plante Moran and many others.
Registration is closed.
2022 NPD Breakfast Roundtable Photos
*Profits will be used to support education programs for fundraisers and other non-profit professionals. Interested in attending but unable to pay the fee? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.