Veterinary Initiative for Endangered Wildlife - Development Director
VIEW’s Development Director is a full-time position and is responsible for developing long-range and annual fundraising goals and plans, working with our executive director, board, and outreach and communications coordinator implementing those plans, and building and maintaining relations with donors.
View Full Job Posting
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Develop a diversified annual fundraising plan that includes individual giving, events, grants, major gifts
- corporate sponsors, and on-line fundraising to assure a balanced budget.
- Identify and project fundraising income and expenses as part of the annual budgeting process.
- Track and report progress and success of individual funding campaigns.
- Keep the executive director and board informed of overall progress, opportunities, and concerns.
Fundraising Plan Implementation
- Responsible for implementing, managing and monitoring all elements of implementation of the annual fundraising plan.
Donor Identification and Relationship Building
- Work with board members and the Advancement Advisory Council to identify and meet prospective donors and corporate sponsors.
- Lead all aspects of initial donor contacts, relationship building and solicitation of solicit donations.
- Develop and implement strategies to build/strengthen relations with new and current donors and sponsors.
- Work with the Outreach and Communications Coordinator to keep donors and prospects informed of VIEW's work, manage donor data-base and acknowledgements, and ensure consistent donor contacts and messaging.
Grant Funding and Management
- Research and network to identify prospective funders.
- Make initial inquiries, cultivate interest and develop relationships.
- Prepare and submit funding proposals.
- Work with the Outreach and Communications Coordinator to manage all communications and reports to funders.
- Keep interested foundations informed of VIEW's work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree with preferred Masters’ in business or nonprofit management or CFRE.
- At least five years’ experience in nonprofit management, business, sales or fundraising.
- Demonstrated ability to build relations and fundraise.
- Ability to identify and secure funding/revenue through multiple sources, including private foundations
- Experience in organizing and hosting events and donor relationship strategies.
- Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of promotions and communications strategies, processes and available resources.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as needed.
SALARY: Commensurable with experience.
Our office is located in Bozeman, MT. Visit www.viewildlife.org for more info.
Accepting cover letters and resumes through October 20th
e-mail to: email@example.com
or mail to:
1627 West Main St. Suite 445