A Welcome From Our President...
Thanks to the leadership we have had from our past presidents and board members, we are set to have a fantastic 2023.
We will continue to offer hybrid monthly programs to be sure we can reach everyone. While we would love to see you all in person, we know that there are times when you just can’t be with us. Please join us, even if you can't be with us.
Our meetings are intended to offer educational topics that are relevant and appeal to a broad range of experience levels. We want you to leave every meeting feeling glad that you came! If we are ever not meeting your expectations, please let us know.
One of the greatest benefits of AFP membership is meeting other development professionals from the Upstate. Our monthly meetings are designed to give you plenty of time to speak with the friends you know and make new friends. Come a little early for lunch to network with us!
If you are wanting to earn your CFRE credential this year, we have scholarships to help offset the cost of the exam! This year we are emphasizing our mentorship program. If you are you a young professional who could benefit from mentoring from a seasoned professional, we can help!
We want you to get the most from your membership.
Make sure you:
- Attend the monthly meetings. Whether in-person or virtually, your board has committed to providing high-quality speakers and topics. Please join us.
- Help us grow our membership by reaching out to your colleagues and friends in fundraising. Bring them along to a meeting to see what we are all about.
- Engage with us online - find us on Instagram or LinkedIn for meeting notices, hot fundraising tips, surveys, interesting articles, member spotlights and more.
- Read our email communications. No one needs more email and so we promise to consolidate our messaging and only email when necessary.
Thanks so much for your commitment to our communities, our profession and our AFP chapter.
Scott Stephens, CFRE
The AFP SC, Piedmont Chapter, founded in 1987, is an Upstate association for professional fundraisers and holds monthly educational meetings at the Hilton Hotel, Greenville SC. Our chapter is a 501(c)(3); EIN: 57-0866636.
AFP represents the entire fundraising profession. Members work with every conceivable type of group - health, education, social services, the environment and arts - and are involved in every aspect of fundraising, including donor relations, board development, planned giving and special events.
AFP is dedicated to ensuring that members have the necessary skills, knowledge and resources to get the job done. Our chapter membership includes all Upstate South Carolina counties.
Local chapters are the heart of the AFP International and offer:
- Chapter Educational Programs
- Career Opportunities (job postings fee for non-members)
For more information, contact Rachel Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://afpglobal.org for detailed membership information.
Meetings are held each month throughout the year unless noted.