b LocationDirector of DevelopmenAssociate AaGraphic GPPP<MDi Director of Development - Chapman Cultural Center
Position Title Director of Development
Immediate Supervisor President/CEO
Work Schedule 36 hours/ Some Hybrid Scheduling Available
Position Status Full Time Exempt Position
Chapman Cultural Center is a mission-driven organization dedicated to supporting arts and cultural activities for all Spartanburg County residents. As a people-first organization, we prioritize staff well-being, work/life balance, and inclusivity. Driven, motivated, and passionate, staff works collaboratively across departments and within the community to further our mission of promoting a full creative life for all. We encourage applicants interested in amplifying our creative community and supporting arts and culture to apply.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted on a rolling basis with review and interviews beginning October 2, 2023.
Primary Position Description
The Director of Development is responsible for the management and execution of all fundraising activities of Chapman Cultural Center (CCC) including oversight of major gift, corporate sponsorship, and annual giving programs, including the Annual Fund Campaign and its components: corporate, foundation and individual giving. Excellent communication, marketing and writing skills required. The Director of Development will supervise Development staff of two dedicated fundraising professionals.
The Director of Development works closely with the President in creating and implementing an annual fundraising and stewardship plan with goals, objectives, and strategies for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting individual, corporate and foundation gifts. Also, work with Marketing Director to create and refine an annual integrated communications and marketing plan to convey our mission, value, and relevance that inspires increased and new giving.
Description of Work / Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Actively cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate, foundation and individual donors in the Upstate region looking for revenue growth and increased donor investment.
· Oversee the design and execution of all Annual Fund campaign collateral including brochure, online giving campaigns, and direct mail solicitations, etc.
· Execute corporate and foundation grant applications and reports and ongoing relationships.
· Identify and solicit sponsorships of CCC events. Oversee sponsorship benefits to ensure that marketing and client needs are met.
· Work with the President/CEO and Trustees to create and implement strategic plans to meet the annual and long-range revenue goals of the organization.
· Encourage a fundraising culture by fostering the active involvement and participation of the Board of Directors, including leading Development Committee of the Board of Trustees to successfully oversee annual campaign and stewardship activities.
· Execute annual donor stewardship events, including managing all aspects of Leadership Giving and Major Gifts through the Peggy Gignilliat Society (donors at $1,250 and above).
· Attend community cultural, civic and professional events and represent CCC at festivals and community meetings.
Development Management & Administration
· Supervise all development staff.
· Prepare and administer yearly annual giving plan and expense budget.
· Manage donor recognition and stewardship program to retain donors and encourage increased engagement in the arts.
· Utilize Blackbaud Razors Edge software and Donor Search to support strategic donor cultivation and solicitation; and to prepare campaign management reports, campaign forecasting, prospect tracking, etc.
· Insure accurate and timely gift record-keeping, management of database, and all records, files, gift processing, pledge reminders and donor acknowledgements.
· A minimum of five years’ experience in results-oriented fundraising position with experience in annual fund and major gifts
· A strong record of campaign leadership through development, implementation and management of annual campaigns. Expert capability to organize and implement strategies toward attainment of target goals and stretch goals.
· Proven ability to manage staff to achieve goals and encourage teamwork.
· Proven ability to multitask and successful event planning skills.
· Expertise in writing donor solicitations, and acknowledgements. Proven ability to write winning grants and manage grant fulfillment.
· High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Blackbaud Raisers’ Edge or other CRM systems.
· Must be able to work independently and handle confidential information and navigate sensitive situations.
The mission of Chapman Cultural Center (CCC) is to provide cultural leadership for Greater Spartanburg by developing, strengthening and promoting the scope, excellence and educational role of the arts, humanities and sciences and to further their significance in the life of our community and all of its citizens. Founded in 1968 with a current budget of $2.6 million, The Chapman Cultural Center is the oldest and largest countywide arts agency in the state of South Carolina, raising $1.3 million in grants and contributions.