TYLER JUNIOR COLLEGE
Job Title: Director, Advancement Operations
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Regular or Temporary: Regular
Salary Range: Commensurate with education and experience
Job Description: Responsible for planning, developing and overseeing all administrative and operational functions for the department of Institutional Advancement and the Foundation, and is responsible for supervising all areas of Institutional Advancement in the absence of the Vice President.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES
Serve as lead advancement operations officer for Institutional Advancement
· Developing and implementing, with Vice President and appropriate directors, annual operating goals for all areas of Institutional Advancement.
o Overseeing Advancement Operations personnel.
§ Supervising Manager, Scholarships and Rusk TJC Citizens Promise program to ensure that recruitment, selection, awarding and overall management of scholarships is accurate, efficient and timely, high-quality and meeting overall goals.
§ Supervising Manager, Donor Relations and Special Events to ensure that acknowledging of gifts and subsequent stewardship activities for donors are high quality, accurate and timely including annual endowment reporting and newsletter for Tyler Junior College Foundation, and to ensure efficient production of Institutional Advancement, presidential or other College-wide events including on-campus and off-campus venues.
§ Supervising Coordinator, Institutional Advancement Operations to provide operational support for all areas of advancement.
· Assessing and overseeing specific human resource needs for all Institutional Advancement personnel.
o Identifying employee development needs and facilitating necessary skills training and professional development opportunities.
o Ensuring that employment policies for College are adhered to in all employee practices.
o Organizing and implementing ongoing team building opportunities.
· Leading administration of Institutional Advancement database (Ellucian - Advancement Module)
o Working with Office of Technology Services to maintain standards for College-wide computing, reporting and data extractions.
o Developing and implementing all reports connected to performance measures for advancement personnel.
o Utilizing data to prepare and submit advancement related industry reports and surveys for organizations such as Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) including the annual Voluntary Support of Education (VSE) survey/
o Serving as lead representative from Institutional Advancement in current search for new constituent relationship management (CRM) system.
· Developing and supervising prospect management system to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward major donors.
o Overseeing research of prospective and current donors utilizing advancement database and online resources.
o Leading development of prospect profiles to determine capacity of donors to support College priorities.
o Organizing and participating in prospect review meetings to assess progress of fundraising officers and providing ongoing prospect reports.
o Overseeing development and production of reports to support fundraising initiatives including campaigns.
· Tracking and assessing advancement operations component for the Institutional Advancement budget.
Serving as lead operations officer for Tyler Junior College Foundation.
· Developing and implementing, with Executive Director, annual operating goals for Foundation.
· Administering acceptance, receipt and disbursement of funds and property for the Foundation.
· Ensuring compliance to IRS gift policies, acknowledgement requirements and industry reporting standards including those provided by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).
· Administering maintenance of endowed scholarship funds including disseminating information to business services and financial aid departments.
· Working with Foundation Accountant on the administration of fund accounting and reporting.
· Ensuring all Foundation practices adhere to established policies and recommending revisions to Executive Director.
· Ensuring all Foundation procedures are appropriately documented and continually meet the needs of the Foundation and its constituents.
· Serving as Foundation liaison with professional firm managing oil, gas and mineral interests and volunteer Foundation committee guiding management.
Representing Institutional Advancement and Foundation in absence of Vice President/Executive Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Demonstrated ability to build staff capacity.
· Strong written, oral, customer service and interpersonal skills essential
· Ability to build reports using MS Access, Cognos or Oracle or similar reporting tools
· Must be able to work independently, respect confidentiality and maintain courtesy with constituents.
Five to ten years of management experience in advancement or an advancement related field
§ Demonstrated experience in managing and coordinating multiple projects and tasks including setting priorities and schedules and meeting deadlines.
§ Administrative experience with an institutionally related foundation preferred.
· Experience in leading in a team-oriented, collaborative environment preferred.
· Experience with Ellucian (Banner) or an advancement system highly desirable.
· May have contact – in person, by email, or by phone – with staff, students, and the general public.
· Must exhibit a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of staff and students and to staff and students with disabilities.
· Perform other duties as assigned.