President's Message

AFP Greater AZ Chapter

April 2019

Hello!

Value is a word that I often hear about when the topic of professional memberships comes up.  The value that you receive from your AFP membership is very important to us.  On the chapter level we strive to give you the best tools for your career through our workshops and luncheons, mixers, special events and other educational opportunities.

And, as part of an international organization, your membership has many other professional development benefits including three new ones that were announced at the recent 2019 AFP ICON--

• AFP 360°, powered by Korn Ferry, a complete leadership development and career training program;
  • Negotiation workshops offered in partnership with the American Association of University Women; and
  • Ethics Month in October
If you are not an AFP member and would like to become one or have questions about membership, please reach out to our Membership Chair - Tina Lopez, CFRE at tina.lopez@childcrisisaz.org

MEMBER SPOTLIGHT

This month our spotlight is on Sasha Lewis, CFRE who is the Associate Director of Development | School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment in the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering at ASU.

sashalewis.jpg

What AFP means to me….

"AFP has been a big part of my career and professional development from the start. I remember attending the AFP First Course in Fundraising nearly two decades ago and being overwhelmed and amazed by the topics covered. It was my first professional development experience and I was so proud of that certificate!  Throughout my career, I have found the monthly meetings and conferences as a vital source of information and understanding of the trends impacting the industry. A few years ago when I was moving from Kansas City to Phoenix, I reached out to the AFP Greater AZ Chapter to introduce myself and network. That conversation directly led to a referral and connection to the job I would take with just a few days! Since joining the Greater AZ Chapter, it has been my privilege to serve as a mentor in the AFP Mentor program for the last four years.  I learn so much from the professionals I have the joy of mentoring and am grateful for the opportunity AFP has provided.  AFP is one of the best investments a fundraising professional can make."

Please keep our chapter website bookmarked and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn for all the latest news and event information.

Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions, comments or suggestions you may have.

Sincerely,

Liz Kaplan
President, AFP Greater Arizona Chapter
ekaplan@tgen.org
602-463-1240

thumbnail image

Liz Kaplan
President, AFP Greater Arizona Chapter