President's Message

AFP Greater AZ Chapter

January 2020

2020 is going to be a special year!

I love the start of a new year. I always feel inspired and motivated on January 1st. 2020 is especially exciting because years where the first two and last two digits match only comes once a century. We are alive at a special time and I, for one, plan to make the most of it!

Your chapter’s 2020 Board of Directors were already hard at work on this year’s offerings well before the holiday decorations went up, so our first official meeting was full of exciting updates. In addition to an impressive lineup of quarterly education workshops, we have fun member mixers planned, events designed especially for those that consider themselves "seasoned" and we will be launching a new effort to support those wanting to attain their CFRE. 

February 5th kicks off our first workshop of the year where Gabe Cooper will be sharing “responsive fundraising”, a way to build lasting relationships with donors through personalized experience and authentic engagements that are driven by data. You’ll walk out with strategies that you can immediately put into practice. I hope you’ll join me for this innovative and interactive session!

Keep an eye out for your AFP chapter announcements and determine to take time to invest in yourself, your career and your community in 2020. I’ll be right there with you!

Sincerely,

Lisa Evans Johnson, CFRE

President

AFP Greater Arizona Chapter

lisaejohnson2019@gmail.com