President's Message

AFP Greater AZ Chapter

February 2020

This month started off strong with our first education workshop of the year. “Responsive Fundraising” got rave reviews and I personally walked away with 4 strategies that I’m immediately implementing in my own organization. Thanks to Gabe Cooper for bringing this innovative and impacting concept to our attendees. Thank you to everyone who attended the workshop!

March 16th at 4:00 PM at Flinn Foundation will be our first 2020 SNAP conversation, a panel discussion focused on the CEO / CDO relationship. Julia Patrick with the American Non-Profit Academy will facilitate a discussion with two powerhouse teams: Torrie Taj, CEO and Jodi Stoken, CDO with Child Crisis Arizona and Elizabeth Reich, CEO and Karny Stefan, CDO with Make-A-Wish Arizona! They will share their learnings in working together, how they manage their board, fundraising and any other questions about how they maneuver this important relationship. If you are a seasoned professional, this is something you won’t want to miss.

We still have a few committee seats left to fill on our sponsorship, mentor and career services committees. Building your professional network while lending your time and talent to our fundraising professional community is a valuable way to invest in yourself. I encourage you to get involved!

Have a great month friends!

Sincerely,

Lisa Evans Johnson, CFRE

President

AFP Greater Arizona Chapter

lisaejohnson2019@gmail.com