President's Message

AFP Greater AZ Chapter

Greetings AFP Greater Arizona Chapter members,

Welcome to 2022! I am excited to serve as the President for AFP Greater Arizona this year. I am the VP of Development and Marketing at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arizona. I started at the agency as the Events Manager and have worked my way up touching every piece of Development along the way: events, annual campaigns, major gifts and much more. Membership in AFP has been crucial for the success of my career. I am honored to give back through Board service.

As a Board we’ve set some big goals for 2022. We plan to increase the amount of networking opportunities available while we continue to provide valuable educational workshops. For me, one of the most valuable assets of my AFP membership is getting to know other fundraising professionals throughout our community.

To take full advantage of your membership, I would urge you to get involved! Come to the mixers and education events and get to know as many AFP members as you can. We have several committees in need of members. Committee service is a fun and unique way to get to know some of your fellow fundraisers, please let me know if you are interested. I look forward to working with you this year and hope to see you at an event soon!

Jessica Whitney

President

AFP Greater Arizona Chapter

February 2022 -

Hello and Happy February! I recently attended the Orientation for our nationally recognized Professional Mentoring Program. The mentors for this year are incredible and I am looking forward to forming relationships with each of our mentees. Truly, the bonds I've formed with peers in our sector is the most valuable piece of my AFP membership.
I would encourage each of our members to take full advantage of all of the opportunities that AFP offers. This year, we have made a commitment as a Board to provide at least one networking opportunity a month. In January, it was our wonderful education session: In February it will be a Membership Mixer at HULA's (2/24). We hope to see you regularly. Let's learn from each other, grow together and ultimately strengthen our community.

March 2022 - 

Happy March!

My last couple of posts have been about the benefits of AFP here on the local level. Side note: There are many and networking is one of my favorites. Be sure to read about our last mixer HERE

Access to AFP Global is another huge benefit of your membership! On the AFP Global website, you will find an extensive library of articles on the fundraising sector along with free or discounted webinars and micro-learning videos. New this year is a $100 credit for members to utilize toward premium webinars, select e-courses or conference recordings. Don't miss out on this great opportunity - learn more at afpglobal.org/thankyou.

April 2022 - 

Can you believe April is already half-over? For so many in our profession Spring means events season. I know it is stressful and I know how hard you are working! I love to read the re-caps of all the great events put on by our members. It is inspiring to see each of your successes and please know that your fellow AFP members are cheering you on!

We have successes to share within AFP as well. In March, AFP Global designated Greater Arizona as a 2022 Ten Star Gold chapter. This special award honors chapters who have accomplished many of the key objectives outlined in the Strategic Plan. Chapters receive the Ten Star Gold Award for performing specific activities designed to increase professionalism within fundraising and public awareness of the importance of philanthropy. Please read more HERE and keep an eye out for our new and improved Ten Star Gold logo on the coming weeks!

May 2022 - 

Greetings AFP Members, 
The summer is here! I am hopeful that for many of you this will include a well-deserved vacation or two. While we're on the topic of self-care, please remember to invest in yourself too!

At our Board meeting last week, we were discussing how isolating our jobs can feel. We all have big goals that are tied to carrying out important missions. Spending time with your non-profit colleagues is refreshing since we all have a deep understanding of the challenges and successes related to fundraising. We have a ton of great activities and events coming up. I would encourage you to choose a few and fully commit to attending. We all have a lot to learn from each other! Hope to see you soon.