The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse organization that reflects, is responsive to, and embraces the diversity of the communities we serve; respecting and valuing all people.
AFP recognizes that Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Access (IDEA) are central to its mission. The following are AFP's Statement of IDEA Principles;
The Diversity committee works to ensure the IDEA principles are a priority within our chapter and the Louisville community. The committee organizes programs and initiatives focused around Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access. The committee is always looking for new members! If you would like to join our Diversity committee, please email us at AFPGreaterLouisville@gmail.com.
- Recognizing others as different but equal.
- Respect and empathy for all.
- Trust and integrity that facilitates the integration of different and multiple voices in organizational discourse.
- Demonstrated appreciation for different voices, active listening; open to disparate viewpoints and opinions, and facilitating dialogues among the diverse groups.
- Practicing and encouraging transparent communication in all interactions.
- Developing participative decision making; problem solving; and, team capabilities.
- Exploring potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
If you are interested in applying for AFP membership through our Diversity Scholarship
please click here
to review the guidelines and access the application.