Friday, November 19, 2021
11:00 am to 1:00 pm
The Olmsted - Louisville, KY
National Philanthropy Day, or NPD, celebrates the charitable work that EVERYONE does to make a difference and create impact in their communities.
National Philanthropy Day® is a special day set aside each November to recognize the great contributions of philanthropy—and those people active in the philanthropic community—to the enrichment of our world.
NPD 2021 Event Schedule
11:00 am - Doors Open
11:15 am - Lunch is Served
11:45 am - Program Begins
NPD 2021 Professional Development Virtual Event
"How to Keep Your Board Engaged in
Resource Development All Year"
November 18, 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Presented via Zoom
We are excited to have Sabrina Walker Hernandez, President/CEO of Supporting World Hope, celebrate NPD 2021 with us. She will be presenting, "How to Keep Your Board Engaged in Resource Development All Year".
You have set a goal towards fundraising, but you struggle to engage your board with the mission of your organization. You have board members that hate fundraising! Or they tell themselves – “I just need to come to meetings,” “Everyone needs to ask for money,” It’s ok if you don’t make a personal gift, if you get others to give,” “Now we have a fundraiser, the board doesn’t have to be involved in Resource Development.”
Often, there is frustration and overwhelm coming from a team that does not know how to solve the organization's issues. This problem is affecting how your nonprofit delivers its mission.
Few things are more critical to your nonprofit’s health, success, and sustainability than an effective board of directors. If you are ready to turn your board around and increase their comfort level with fundraising, then this webinar is for you!
Let nonprofit fundraising expert Sabrina Walker Hernandez help you get a clear understanding of how to keep your board engaged in resource development all year. You will be taught the strategies she applied in growing her nonprofit organization operating budget from $750,000 to $2.5 million annually. Sabrina will tailor this webinar to board members and fundraising professionals alike.
During the workshop, you will learn:
- How to create a board culture where the importance of giving and resource development is clearly understood and embraced
- How your board can be engaged in the fundraising cycle.
- How to educate your board on what it means to be involved in resource development as a board member
- How to support the board in resource development by giving them choices that tap into their strengths and providing them the right tools
- Tips on how to train your most fundraising-averse board members to be part of the fundraising process
- 3 ways to transform your board into a fundraising powerhouse
Want to be a 2021 NPD sponsor?
Learn more here!