The Association for Fundraising Professionals Greater Louisville is an official chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that represents nearly 30,000 members in more than 205 chapters throughout the world, working to advance philanthropy through education, training, mentoring, research, credentialing, and advocacy. The association fosters the development and growth of fundraising professionals and promotes high ethical standards in the fundraising profession. For more information or to join the world's largest association of fundraising professionals, visit www.afpglobal.org.
To advance its mission, AFP:
- Fosters the development and growth of fundraising professionals committed to the preserving and enhancing philanthropy;
- Establishes a code of ethics and professional practices;
- Requires member adherence to a professional code of ethical standards and practices;
- Provides training opportunities for fundraising professionals;
- Implements programs that ensure cultural and social diversity in our membership and leadership;
- Collects, researches, publishes, and disseminates historical, managerial, and technical information on philanthropy and philanthropic fundraising;
- Promotes public understanding of philanthropy and philanthropic fundraising;
- Conducts activities that maintain and develop legislation favorable to philanthropy;
- Enlists, organizes, and supports members to achieve our purposes;
- Fosters international cooperation, knowledge exchange, and education among fundraising professionals worldwide; Uses all necessary and proper means to accomplish our purposes; and Provides a valid and reliable certification program for fundraising professionals.
Program MissionThe IDEA Champion Designation recognizes those chapters who have accomplished many of the key objectives outlined in the advancing influence and inclusion strategic goal. This designation encourages chapters to perform specific activities designed to increase IDEA within fundraising and public awareness of the importance of philanthropy in all cultures.
The Chapter Ten Star & Ten Star Gold award honors those chapters who have accomplished many of the key objectives outlined in the Strategic Plan. Both Awards encourage chapters to perform specific activities designed to increase professionalism within fundraising and public awareness of the importance of philanthropy.