The Association for Fundraising Professionals Greater Louisville is an official chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that represents nearly 30,000 members in more than 205 chapters throughout the world. AFP empowers individuals and organizations to practice ethical fundraising through professional education, networking, research, credentialing, and advocacy. For 60 years, the association has fostered the development and growth of fundraising professionals and promotes high ethical standards in the fundraising profession. For more information or to join the world's largest association of fundraising professionals, visit www.afpglobal.org.
Get to Know More About AFP Greater Louisville:
AFP Greater Louisville is proud to have earned the following Chapter designations from AFP Global:
- History: The AFP Greater Louisville Chapter was established in 1987 and has a long history of providing continuing education, networking and career advancement for the Louisville region.
- Membership: The AFP Greater Louisville Chapter has on average 150 members, making it one of the largest chapters throughout the nation. Members represent a wide spectrum of non-profits including those supporting the arts, education, food insecurity, healthcare, parks and recreation, social services and more.
- Monthly Meetings: The AFP Greater Louisville Chapter hosts monthly meetings that provides education and networking for the non-profit community. Monthly Meeting are free to Members.
- Accreditation: Each of the AFP Greater Louisville Chapter meetings qualifies for one CFRE (Certified Fundraising Executive) credit.
- Networking and Additional Programming: The AFP Greater Louisville Chapter hosts social outings for members to network, as well as additional special programming like educational workshops throughout the year.
- Scholarships: Membership and Education Scholarships are available. New, mid-level, and seasoned professionals are encouraged to apply.
- Kentucky State Conference: The AFP Greater Louisville Chapter plans a Kentucky State Conference every two years to offer a full day of continuing education for non-profit professionals. This conference features national speakers and seasoned professionals.
- Collaboration: The AFP Greater Louisville Chapter collaborates with others in the region including the Center for Nonprofit Excellence, Charitable Gift Planners of Kentuckiana, the AFP Bluegrass Chapter and more to provide additional outreach and networking opportunities for members.
- National Philanthropy Day: The largest fundraising event for the AFP Greater Louisville Chapter is the annual National Philanthropy Day. This event is hosted each November and celebrates and awards donors, volunteers and non-profit professionals for their work in the region’s non-profit community.
Program MissionThe IDEA Champion Designation recognizes those chapters who have accomplished many of the key objectives outlined in the advancing influence and inclusion strategic goal. This designation encourages chapters to perform specific activities designed to increase IDEA within fundraising and public awareness of the importance of philanthropy in all cultures.
The Chapter Ten Star Gold award honors those chapters who have accomplished many of the key objectives outlined in the Strategic Plan. Both Awards encourage chapters to perform specific activities designed to increase professionalism within fundraising and public awareness of the importance of philanthropy.
Ready to join AFP Greater Louisville? Click here to get started.