AFP Greater Louisville and Bloomerang are excited to welcome Sabrina Walker Hernandez as the Professional Development Speaker for NPD 2021.
How to Keep Your Board Engaged in Resource Development All Year
November 18, 2021
9:00 - 11:00 am EST
This is a virtual event. Event link will be shared at a later time.
During the workshop, you will learn:
- How to create a board culture where the importance of giving and resource development is clearly understood and embraced
- How your board can be engaged in the fundraising cycle.
- How to educate your board on what it means to be involved in resource development as a board member
- How to support the board in resource development by giving them choices that tap into their strengths and providing them the right tools
- Tips on how to train your most fundraising-averse board members to be part of the fundraising process
- 3 ways to transform your board into a fundraising powerhouse
$30 AFP Member ($40 starting Nov.1)
$45 Non Members ($55 starting Nov. 1)
Sabrina Walker Hernandez, President/CEO
Supporting World Hope
Sabrina is a certified consultant, coach, & facilitator that helps small nonprofit Staff & Board build relationships that convert into more donations. With over 25 years of experience in nonprofit management, fundraising, and leadership, Sabrina provides consulting & coaching services and project-based leadership in helping organizations in the areas of building and managing development programs, capital campaigns, major gift fundraising, board development, marketing, annual fundraising efforts, and public relations. Sabrina has a reputation for transformational leadership through staffing and mission alignment, fundraising, expanding programming, and community partnerships.
Prior to starting Supporting World Hope, Sabrina served as the Chief Executive Officer for Boys & Girls Clubs of Edinburg RGV. Among Sabrina’s successes is that she increased operation revenue from $750,000 to $2.5M, completed a $12M comprehensive capital campaign, established at $500,000 endowment, and had 180 days in cash reserves in the 3rd poorest county in the United States. In addition to her CEO experience, she also held the position of Vice President of Operations.
She has facilitated numerous workshops with hundreds of nonprofit professionals. Sabrina is certified in Nonprofit Management by Harvard Business School. She is an active community leader and volunteer in Edinburg, Texas where she is based.
SPEAKER SPONSOR APPROVED: 2 POINTS