The Arizona Community Foundation is seeking a full-time Philanthropic Advisor. The position focuses on managing a significant donor portfolio, including fundholders and legacy donors, as well as cultivating relationships with existing donors, prospective donors, and professional advisors in order to increase ACF’s assets through contributions, with an emphasis on the greater Phoenix metro area. They will develop and secure new business by building close relationships with professional advisors (estate planning attorneys, CPAs, financial planners, insurance agents, trust officers, private bankers, brokers, etc.) and their clients.
The position will have a lead role in developing and managing ACF’s relationship management system in conjunction with other members of the Philanthropic Services team. In this role, they will manage RM assignments, develop trainings, and guide RMs in the use of ACF CRM technology as a tool for both donor engagement and building ACF’s organizational records.
Key Responsibilities include:
1. Effectively represent the Foundation in a positive manner, providing professional and timely response and service, meeting annual new business development and fundraising goals, generating new donors and building ACF’s revenue and net assets, and effectively collaborating with ACF staff, Board and volunteers, and professional advisor community to achieve goals
2. Manage a large portfolio of current and legacy donors
3. Possess the capacity and attitude to serve and amaze donors and professional advisors
4. Lead the PS team’s Relationship Management System, including efforts to develop and deliver consistent services to fundholders and legacy donors; this would include coordinating RM assignments, developing statewide RM trainings, and guiding RMs in the use of ACF’s CRM technology as a relationship management and organizational tool
5. Coordinate legacy donor outreach, records, RM training, and related projects
6. Work closely with relationship managers and administrative staff to provide quality service to ACF’s donors, professional advisors, and partners.
7. Work with the Philanthropic Services Unit, and contribute to and execute the Philanthropic Services development strategy; work with ACF staff, board members and committees, volunteers, professional advisors, and staff to execute the plan
8. Cultivate and solicit prospects for new ACF gifts; receive and act on referrals from professional advisors
9. Cultivate enduring relationships and provide exemplary customer service to current donors, with the ultimate goal of increasing givingQualifications:The position functions in an office environment and requires some local and/or regional travel. Incumbent must be proficient with computers and be able to operate general office equipment, including fax machines, scanners, copiers, postal machines, printers, etc. Must be available for occasional evening and/or weekend work hours.
For further details and consideration, please apply here:https://www.azfoundation.org/About/Employment
- Bachelor’s degree plus three years experience in the nonprofit sector and computer experience required; general working knowledge of the Arizona nonprofit community preferred
- Customer service experience
- Experience with problem-solving and decision-making
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; research skills; analysis skills; critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to actively listen and to work with widely diverse individuals and groups, including donors, volunteers, and community leaders
- Ability to work as part of a professional team with enthusiasm and commitment and ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to multi-task while staying on a course of planned action
- Good supervisory/management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail