Job Title: Director of Development
Salary Range: $45,000-$65,000
Effective Date: February 18, 2020
Position & Occupational Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Director of Development (DOD) is directly responsible for the solicitation of current and potential donors to reach agreed upon fund raising goals each year. The DOD will be thoroughly committed to OH WOW!'s mission, with relationship and donor management experience and proven performance in these areas.
- Develop and execute OH WOW's annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Maintain and strengthen ongoing relationships with major donors
- Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Research donor relation programs at local, state and federal institutions
- Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders
- Oversee organization of special events, collaborating with Board of Directors and staff on fundraising events and donor receptions
- Develop print marketing collateral related to fundraising in collaboration with marketing
- Manage the implementation of Altru and data entry and gift processing, ensuring internal systems are tracking and scaling progress
- Evaluates and reports monthly on program components to management, the board, funders, and other stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred, and five or more years proven performance as a development professional in the children’s museum industry, or any combination thereof.
- Extensive donor relationship and grant writing experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a clear sense of initiative, leadership, positive attitude, ability to work both independently and within a highly creative and flexible office environment. Criminal background check required.
To Apply: Interested candidates should email a letter of interest, with their resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OH WOW! is an equal opportunity employer.