AFP, Santa Barbara Ventura Counties Chapter is excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for the 2024 Chamberlain Scholarship. Each year AFP Foundation for Philanthropy offers one registration scholarship to qualified chapters for the Annual AFP International Conference on Fundraising (ICON). This program is designed to help individuals serving nonprofit organizations develop their knowledge and skills in fundraising. The scholarship honors the memory of Ralph E. Chamberlain, CFRE.
AFP ICON, AFP’s flagship “International Conference,” is held each year and brings together nearly 4,000 fundraising professionals to discuss important trends and issues related to fundraising and philanthropy, with a focus on fundraising practice and technique.
The 2024 AFP ICON will be held April 7-9, 2024 in Toronto, Canada.
One candidate will be chosen by our Chapter Scholarship Committee to receive a scholarship toward registration for the AFP International Fundraising Conference on Philanthropy. Registration fees, except for a $10 payment to secure registration, are paid by the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy.
Chamberlain Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Candidate is employed as a fundraising professional or, if candidate is an executive director, a substantial amount of time must be devoted to fundraising.
- Candidate has never attended an AFP or NSFRE International Conference on Fundraising as a registered participant (unless as a member of the Conference Host Committee) and is enthusiastic to attend the full conference as scheduled.
- Candidate must agree to complete an online evaluation form about his or her experience at International Conference.
- Only one individual from any local organization or institution may be selected.
- Candidate must be willing to share their AFP ICON experience with their chapter after the conference has concluded. This can be accomplished through a report to chapter leadership, a contribution to the chapter newsletter, or an alternate contribution identified by chapter leadership.
Please note, this is not a full scholarship and the winner will be required to cover any and all expenses exceeding the amounts awarded. Chamberlain Scholars are responsible for registering themselves for the conference and for making all travel and lodging arrangements. As a reminder, this conference is out of country so appropriate travel documents will be required.
Click here to apply.