Database & Gifts Coordinator - Diocese of Corpus Christi
Under the supervision of the Director of Mission and Advancement, the Database and Gifts Coordinator is responsible for timely, accurate, ethical, and efficient management of donor and prospective donor information that is important to the business operations of the Office of Advancement, including the annual appeal and online giving. Also provides high quality donor research. The Office of Advancement services Parish Stewardship, Development, and overall diocesan Mission initiatives.
- Ensure timely, accurate, ethical, efficient, and confidential management of donor information for the Office of Advancement database. Must exercise discretion and independent judgment in dealing with sensitive information and complex issues.
- Manage timely processing of all gifts and pledges and reconcile monthly with Finance (training provided).
- Generate timely and accurate Acknowledgement Letters, Year-End Statements and Advancement Reports according to written procedures and expectations.
- Field donor inquiries regarding donations and acknowledgements and demonstrate exemplary customer service in all exchanges
- Oversee the growth and maintenance of tracking and reporting features in the Office of Advancement database.
- Maintain primary contact with database vendor’s customer support.
- Demonstrate responsible stewardship of all resources, including supplies, materials, equipment, funds, energy, workspace, and people.
- Attend and actively participate in regular staff meetings.
- Provide administrative support when needed.
- Experience working with fundraising databases to manage and interpret data, ability to create and run accurate reports and mailing lists. Experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge and ParishSoft are preferred.
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, flexible cooperative team setting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a welcoming and friendly demeanor and the ability to effectively translate and convey information.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service in constituent exchanges.
- Experience in donor research preferred.
- Submit to employment required screenings including criminal background, MVR and drug screening.
- Certification in Safe Environment training provided by the Office of Safe Environment and Child & Family Resources.
- Position requires adherence to diocesan policies and procedures, as well as exceptional collegiality and ability to work in a team environment.
Education and Experience:
- B.A. degree, with at least two years of work experience; fundraising and gift-processing experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong familiarity and background in the Catholic faith/Church ministry preferred.
This full-time position includes Medical Benefits and 403(b) Thrift Plan Retirement Benefits.
Please send resume to Diocese of Corpus Christi c/o Diana Sanchez; Post Office Box 2620; Corpus Christi, TX 78403-2620; or email to DSanchez@DioceseCC.org