Applications are now being accepted for the Winter session of the AFP-HR Mentor Partnership Program.
THE BENEFITS OF MENTORING
Everyone, regardless of years of experience in the field, can benefit from the sage advice of a mentor at some point, or several points, in their careers.
The AFP Hampton Roads Mentor Partnership Program is designed to support and nurture fundraising professionals in the Hampton Roads area by pairing advanced development professionals with those members who are new to the field of fundraising, contemplating a career change, or seeking expert guidance in order to provide one-on-one assistance that will enhance your knowledge and skills as development professionals.
To participate in the Mentor Partnership Program, you must:
- Be a member in good standing of AFP Hampton Roads
- Be currently employed as a fundraiser with a non-profit in the Hampton Roads area
- Submit an application by the deadline
- Be open to frank discussions and constructive advice
- Be committed to maintaining professionalism in the field of fundraising
- Be willing to make a six month commitment to this program
- Applications are currently available on the AFP-HR website
- Deadline for Winter session application – extended to January 2, 2019
- Partnership assignments made, notice to applicants made by January 15, 2019
- Partners to meet, by phone or in person, on a monthly basis January – June 2019
- Second application period for Summer session: May 2019
- Winter partnership session: July – December, 2019
The partnership will be for an initial six-month period, with the option to renew the partnership on the agreement of both parties.
Allison Bough Connie McKenzie
Linda Dyer Kitty Schaum
Victoria Dietz Kay Stine
Anna Goldenberg Virginia Thumm
Tricia Hudson Russell Turner APPLICATION
to download the application and submit to email@example.com
by January 2, 2019
for the Winter Session
For more information on the Mentor Partnership Program, please contact Chair, Virginia Thumm, at firstname.lastname@example.org