2022/2023 Mentor Partnership Program announced!
AFP-Hampton Roads is fortunate to have a strong and vibrant community of development professionals who are willing to collaborate with one another to support the future of the sector.
Our chapter offers a one-on-one mentoring program for members looking to further their knowledge of the sector. This program runs for up to one year on a rolling basis. Partners are matched based on their level of experience, focus area and interests. Partners determine the structure and frequency of meetings, as well as topics they will cover.
Are you new to fundraising? Have you transitioned to a new fundraising role? Chances are, our mentors have been where you are now and can understand the challenges and opportunities you are facing.
Benefits of mentoring include:
- Receiving unbiased advice, guidance and support from a trusted resource
- Expanding skills and knowledge of fundraising practices
- Increasing confidence, productivity and job satisfaction
- Building a network of professional fundraisers
- Creating an inclusive, diverse and collaborative environment
- Facilitating growth and development of future chapter and sector leaders
- Providing fulfillment and satisfaction of helping others and contributing to the development of fundraising professionals in our community
Are you interested in participating in the mentoring program as a mentor or mentee? If so, please complete this form.
If you have questions, please contact Abbie Hacker at email@example.com.