Delaware Nature Society (DelNature) has spent over 50 years connecting people to nature with diverse environmental programs and services. As one of the most well-respected environmental organizations in the region, we envision a healthy and sustainable environment for all plants, animals, and people living in our region. Our mission is to connect people with the natural world to improve our environment through education, advocacy, and conservation. Working state-wide in Delaware and the surrounding region, we operate four sites where people experience nature in unique hands-on ways reaching thousands of visitors each year.
Selected candidates will be required to submit to a criminal background check. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
DelNature aspires to be inclusive multicultural organization that celebrates the rich dimensions of diversity such as race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, religious and political beliefs. Diversity creates an awareness of and acknowledges respect for differences and translates into understanding and valuing each other’s perspective. We are committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourage all qualified professionals to apply.
Development Manager implements fundraising activities supporting various initiatives on behalf of Delaware Nature Society including: Annual Fund, restricted and unrestricted grants and event sponsorship. The Development Manager actively analyzes data, fundraising and constituent reports, to provide input and strategies to meet and exceed our annual fundraising goals. Working with the Chief Development Officer, and other members of the Development Team, the Development Manager continually ensures correspondence and development office practices are aligned with best practices.
- Active oversight of the Annual Fund which includes coordinating and facilitation direct mail campaigns, email, and board & staff solicitor engagement.
- Track and manage grants process, and direct solicitation of grants ranging from $500-$20,000. Submit and file all grant reporting requirements and maintain records in accordance with the grant agreements.
- Reconcile monthly giving reports with accounting and reports on fundraising results to CDO, ED and Fund Development Committee
- Manages direct reports and oversees data development processing including gift entry, gift acknowledgements, grant and sponsorship reporting and fulfilment.
- Works with the Special Events Coordinator and supports their oversight of fundraising events including Farm to Fork
- Works with Site Managers and Leadership Team and staff on other site and global events.
- Supports CDO in other fundraising activities and initiatives as needed.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of direct fundraising experience with demonstrated success in securing and soliciting gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Degree in Business, Marketing, English, or Communications or related field
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Proven ability to manage a staff to reach fundraising goals
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
Proficiency in Microsoft office and computer skills including Word, Excel, mail merges, etc Experience in fundraising database management strongly preferred; experience in Altru (Blackbaud) a plus!
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://www.delawarenaturesociety.org/jobs/development-manager/