Lutheran Community Services (LCS), a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization, has been serving the community since 1959. Our mission is to help individuals and families address food, housing, and other essential needs with dignity and respect. LCS operates a network of fourteen food distribution sites, and provides homelessness prevention services and free clothing distribution to help our clients. LCS also serves as Delaware Quitline’s pharmacy benefit manager to help low-income smokers quit smoking. Our trained staff, dedicated volunteers, and community of individual, corporate, government, philanthropic and faith-based supporters helps people overcome emergencies and prevent them from escalating, and gives our clients opportunities to create success in their lives.
We are seeking a full-time Development Director to lead our fundraising and marketing efforts. The Development Director will be responsible for generating revenue from individual giving, corporate sponsorships, events and some grant writing. In addition, this position will work with our Marketing Coordinator on communications, developing an online presence, donor analytics and related projects. The Development Director will be supported by a team, including the Executive Director, board members, various event and fundraising committees, a planned giving resource, and the Marketing Coordinator.
- Cultivate relationships with our key individual donors, build a strategy to retain/increase giving, identify major gift opportunities, and make requests for support
- Develop a strategy for developing new individual contributors and corporate sponsorships and make requests for support
- Identify planned giving prospects among current supporters and work with our planned giving consultant to achieve results
- Lead the effort, along with the Executive Director, to establish a strong fundraising committee and increased board participation
- Analyze donor information to identify fundraising opportunities
- Plan and execute annual appeal with Executive Director and Marketing Coordinator
- Provide leadership for our event committees by recruiting financial supporters, table hosts, sponsors and overseeing the planning team
- Research and write grant proposals in partnership with the Executive Director
- Oversee Marketing Coordinator activities around messaging and branding, developing marketing and social media calendars, and helping to write effective communications
Desired Professional and Technical Experience
- 3-5 years of professional development experience
- Seasoned relationship builder, both for existing and new relationships
- Knowledge of Delaware’s philanthropic landscape
- Hands on experience and successful track record in securing individual gifts, sponsorships and grants
- Experience in overseeing successful events as part of a team
- Knowledge of fundraising software such as Bloomerang
- Marketing, branding and communications experience
- Excellent written & verbal communication, organization, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Bachelor’s degree
- CFRE certification a plus
Successful Candidate Characteristics
- Identifies with and supports our mission; comfortable working with a variety of faith-based supporters
- Self-starter, sales oriented, team player, positive attitude and a people person
- Quick learner, resourceful, persistent, disciplined, problem-solver, innovative
Compensation for this position will be based on experience.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.