Join AFP-GLAC Job & Career Club
A new Job & Career Club is forming this fall and we invite you to join us.
The purpose of the Job & Career Club is for AFP-GLAC members and non-members to support and celebrate each other in their journeys to new professional fundraising positions. Club membership is kept small to provide time for everyone to participate and build relationships.
Who: AFP-GLAC members and non-members who are seeking employment or are employed but looking for the next step in their career
What: The Job & Career Club is a safe place for members to connect about their current job hunt and talk about what’s working for them and what’s not. There will be guest speakers, as well as discussion about the current job market, and strategies for excelling in your search for employment. Meet with peers who will understand and assist you in moving forward with your fundraising career goals.
Participants must agree to:
- Maintain confidentiality and participate honestly – with enthusiasm and compassion
- Uphold the AFP Code of Ethics and Donor Bill of Rights
- Honor the diversity of experience within the Club - Let all comments, ideas and suggestions be respectful, supportive, and professional, keeping in mind that the Club is a group organized through AFP-GLAC
- Endeavor to attend all meetings, and let the group leader/facilitator know if they are unable to attend
- Let everyone have a turn - do not monopolize the group
- Give and accept help
- Follow-through on assignments
- Strive to stay positive and limit complaining to get the most out of the meetings
- Assume good intent from everyone involved
Where: Virtually on Zoom (invites will be sent via email)
When: Mondays from 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
For more information, please contact Susan Addleman, CFRE at JobandCareerClub@gmail.com