Why It Make Sense To Give to the Be the CAUSE Campaign
Together we can reach our goal!
Each year we ask GLAC members to make a philanthropic investment in the AFP Foundation, which makes a multitude of resources available to our members.
Campaign Goal $10,500
Campaign Dates February-June
While donations at any level are both important and deeply appreciated, please consider making a donation of at least $20. You can make your gift using a credit card online or by email using a credit card or check (see form attached)
How the AFP Foundation helps YOU:
- Training opportunities through scholarship funds like the Ralph E. Chamberlain Scholarships (for AFP’s annual International Conference on Fundraising and other scholarships for education programs
- Chapter Awards, funded by the Foundation, celebrate and acknowledge outstanding support of the annual fund and grants for chapter activities that advance ethical and effective fundraising. The purpose of the EMC Chapter Partnership Grant is to increase awareness, participation in education activities and diversity in the profession and in AFP. The grants are also used to promote career planning and the Code of Ethics
- Growth in Knowledge and Wisdom - Grants are made for AFP strategic initiatives that advance ethical and effective fundraising like diversity programs, ethnics education, and the Essentials of Fundraising series of classes developed to meet the real-world needs and challenges nonprofit leaders face every day. The Foundation also seeks to inspire the next generation of philanthropists through support of Youth in Philanthropy programs.
- Learn more about best practices – we make grants to increase our knowledge and understanding of philanthropy and to enhance the practice of fundraising through studies and reports developed by the AFP Research Council and through the acquisition of reference materials purchased through the Pierpoint-Welde Research Library Fund available in the AFP Resource Center.
- Better Educational programs – Grants and seed funding for AFP education programs like the Faculty Training Academy and education products like AFP’s Ready Reference Series help you grow professionally. The Foundation also supports lectures and awards at AFP’s International Conference on Fundraising.
Your donation is tax deductible as allowed by law.
Please visit the Be the CAUSE Campaign on the AFP Global website for more info!
Thank you to this year's Be the Cause supporters!
Lynn Baran McCarthy
Barbara Bushnell, CFRE
Yuri Casco, CFRE
Mary Anne Chern, ACFRE
Candice M. Davidson-Goldbronn
Yulanda N. Davis-Quarrie, M.S., CFRE
Mike Driebe, CFRE
Rene Heredia, Ed.D, BS, MB
Tiffany Leung, MPA
Mauria C. McPoland, MPA, ABC
Terry Monteleone, CSPG, CFRE
Cynthia Nickell, MBA, CFRE
Fonny M. Oei, CFRE
Patricia Ostiller, JD, CFRE
Melisa Puls, BA