The AFP Inclusive Giving Fellowship offers inclusion-oriented education, training and networking activities, and one-on-one mentorship for Central Virginia-based mid-level and emerging non-profit professionals representing a wide range of diverse backgrounds and interests. The goal of this program is to build a pipeline of fundraising leaders that reflect the diversity of our communities and develop practices that make a more effective Richmond fundraising community. This program is being offered free to our community thanks to support by The Monument Group and is open to AFP members and non-AFP members.
This program is open to individuals who come from a diverse background. The state of being diverse means having the broadest possible representation of individuals, experiences, and perspectives in all-encompassing terms. For the purpose of this program we define diverse as a concept encompassing, without limitation, race, color, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation or identity, religion, nationality, economic class, language, and physical mobility and ability.
Over the course of 12 months, each Fellow will receive the following:
- Complimentary one-year membership to AFP
- Full scholarships to 3 AFP professional development: Virginia Fund Raising Institute (2-day), Fundamentals of Fundraising, and local National Philanthropy Day
- Inclusive-oriented education
- One-on-one senior level mentorship
- Introduction and access to varying members in the philanthropic community
- Opportunity to develop organizational/fundraising policies and practices on diversity and inclusion
Complimentary VAFRE annual membership
2 complimentary educational VAFRE luncheons during the year and assigned ambassador for the lunch; seat at the Awards lunch
After the Fellowship Program, opportunity to join VAFRE for $100 (discount) for membership renewal
Invitation to VAFRE Brown Bag sessions in July and August - open to attend
Invitation to VAFRE member socials - open to attend
You can apply online at https://forms.gle/G2mfT6hKCs15MyM57 or email the PDF application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due May 31, 2019.