Company: Madison House
Date posted: November 20, 2020
Madison House seeks an organized, strategic, thoughtful, team-oriented fundraising professional for the newly created role of Campaign Manager. Reporting to the Director of Advancement at Madison House, the Campaign Manager will serve an integral role in planning, supporting, executing, and stewarding the current $10 million campaign.
Madison House and the Campaign for Madison House
Madison House is an independent 501(c)(3) organization that for fifty years has served as the volunteer center for students at the University of Virginia. Thousands of University of Virginia students typically serve as Madison House volunteers in the Charlottesville and Albemarle community each year.
More than 85% of the Madison House operating budget comes from annual gifts and donations.
The Campaign for Madison House focuses on three areas: Lead. Serve. Become.
- Lead: Invest in training to support student leadership development. Expand curricular collaborations to better understand the issues and impact of volunteer efforts.
- Serve: Strengthen student engagement with community partnerships and programs. Invest in the Madison House building to be ADA compliant and offer better space for student meetings and engagement.
- Become: Build an endowment to ensure the future of Madison House.
The goal is to raise $10 million in philanthropic support through the Campaign for Madison House. This initiative coordinates with UVA’s current $5 billion Honor the Future campaign.
Madison House works with a lean staff to get a lot done. The organization is looking for a strong team member who is happy to engage as needed in support of the Campaign for Madison House.
Primary responsibilities identified include:
- Oversee prospect research, donor profiles, and reports for the campaign.
- Build and manage the prospect pipeline and engagement through research and coordination of strategic outreach by the Executive Director, Director of Advancement, University Advancement, and Annual Fund efforts.
- Research, track, and write grant proposals and reports.
- In coordination with the Communications Director, create campaign marketing materials and supporting documents. This includes content management for collateral donor materials, campaign website, and related social media initiatives.
- Support trip planning, events, and donor engagements.
- Manage campaign donor recognition and major donor stewardship.
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years of fundraising experience, with experience in a comprehensive campaign environment preferable. They will be an excellent writer and communicator, capable of drafting campaign materials including reports, correspondence, grant proposals, website and social media content, and stewardship reports. An understanding of prospect research, donor pipeline management, and strategy development are required, as are exceptional planning and organizational skills. An affinity for relational databases is important, as is a mission-orientation and strong commitment to issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Salary range of $50,000 to $70,000.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Lisa Perlbinder, Director of Advancement, at email@example.com. Materials received by December 7, 2020 are guaranteed consideration. After that, materials received will continue to be considered until the role is filled.
Madison House is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons of all backgrounds—including people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates—are strongly encouraged to apply.