The AFP Central Virginia Chapter, with the support of the AFP International Foundation, is excited to offer one scholarship for an AFP member to attend the 2020 AFP International Conference AND up to $1,500 to support travel and housing expenses at the conference.
AFP’s International Conference on Fundraising (ICON) attracts more than 4,000 individuals and features more than 100 educational sessions on every aspect of philanthropy. The 2020 AFP ICON will take place March 29-31, 2020, in Baltimore, MD.
The Chamberlain Scholarship Program honors Ralph Chamberlain, CFRE, a long-time fundraiser and supporter of AFP. Mr. Chamberlain helped to form one of the organization’s first chapters, the Greater New York Chapter, and served as both chair of the association and the foundation. Because of his long-time support of the Foundation for Philanthropy, the AFP Board of Directors renamed the Conference Scholar Program in 2000 to honor Mr. Chamberlain’s memory and commitment to the fundraising profession.
- Must work for an organization that would not or could not fund the attendance to attend the conference.
- Must be an AFP Central VA Chapter Member in good standing.
- Applicant has never attended an AFP or NSFRE International Conference.
- Must be employed as a full-time fundraising professional or spend at least fifty percent of your time fundraising for your employer.
- Complete the application questionnaire on or before the deadline.
- Candidate must agree to complete an online evaluation form about his or her experience at International Conference.
- Candidate must be willing to share their AFP ICON experience with their chapter after the conference has concluded. This can be accomplished through a report to chapter leadership, a contribution to the chapter newsletter, or an alternate contribution identified by chapter leadership.
Completed applications can be submitted by email to email@example.com by 5:00pm October 15, 2019.
The Scholarship Committee will review the applications and award the scholarship by October 31, 2019. One (1) scholarship will cover both the registration for the conference, and $1,500 to support airfare and housing expenses while at the conference. The scholarship is awarded based on the potential impact participation in the conference will have on the recipient as a nonprofit professional. One (1) scholarship will be awarded.
Contact: For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://afpicon.com/ for information on the conference.