AFP is committed to the principles of inclusion, diversity, equity and access (IDEA) in the fundraising profession, the philanthropic sector and throughout all of society. AFP is involved in numerous projects and partnerships related to IDEA.
AFP is committed to promoting an inclusive, equitable and accessible organization where every member, volunteer, staff and board member can realize their potential and have their contributions valued.
AFP recognizes that Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Access (IDEA) are central to its mission. The following are AFP’s Statement of IDEA Principles:
- Recognizing others as different but equal.
- Respect and empathy for all.
- Trust and integrity that facilitates the integration of different and multiple voices in organizational discourse.
- Demonstrated appreciation for different voices, active listening;
open to disparate viewpoints and opinions, and facilitating dialogues among the diverse groups.
- Practicing and encouraging transparent communication in all interactions.
- Developing participative decision making; problem solving;
- and, team capabilities.
- Exploring potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
AFP Interior Chapter is thrilled to be named one of the 98 chapters across the continent who earned the 2023 IDEA Champion Designation! This recognition is awarded to chapters who are considered leaders in advancing Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access across the philanthropic sector.