- Professional Development opportunities to expand your skills and knowledge or advance your career:
- Educational Programming at AFP-NJ’s Luncheons and Whitley Lecture
- New Jersey’s 41st Annual Conference on Philanthropy (November 18, 2021)
- AFP ICON international fundraising conference
- AFP LEAD leadership development training
- Career Advancement Tools
- AFP 360° powered by Korn Ferry Advance, a complete leadership development and career training program
- AAUW Negotiation Workshop, offering training skills to help you become a better negotiator
- The AFP Career Center provides access to the latest job postings and career information
- Access to a wealth of practical and theoretical fundraising knowledge and resources, easily accessible 24/7 on AFPGLOBAL.ORG
- Discover the latest, trend-setting and world-class research around the globe that directly applies to your career, employer, and donors
- Explore your personal and professional interests, passions, and options by connecting with expert practitioners through networking and mentoring
- Join your peers at AFP-NJ education events
- Cultivate a personal network of fundraising colleagues to share knowledge and experience when handling work challenges where you need advice and recommendations. The friendships and relationships you will build with the members of our chapter are probably the most important reason for joining the chapter and becoming involved.
ALL WHILE MEETING ETHICAL STANDARDS
- AFP’s Code of Ethical Principles and Standards assures donors and colleagues that your work meets or exceeds the fundraising profession’s highest standard of conduct in the world
- Gain trust and respect from donors by reminding them that you support the key role that they play in your organization as set out in AFP’s "The Donor Bill of Rights".
AFP-NJ is a member-driven organization. Our excellence and the quality of our programming is a direct result of our members’ personal involvement in running the chapter. There are many ways to become engaged and to play an active role in AFP-NJ!
- Serve on a committee
- Help plan one of our educational events
- Volunteer at one of our chapter events
- Join the AFP-NJ Board of Directors
- Become a mentor
If you would like to learn more about getting involved or how you can help shape AFP-NJ’s future, now is a great time to reach out to me
to start a conversation about your interests. If you have any input or ideas about how to strengthen our chapter, please let me know!
I am proud to be the President of AFP-NJ and look forward to welcoming you and working with you!
Ray Brush, MBA