Not a Member? Join Today!
If you're not already a member of AFP, we invite you to join! With your membership, you will enjoy a wealth of career-building programs, educational resources, networking opportunities and exclusive member discounts.
Ready to Join? Let's Get Started!
AFP Membership - An Investment in Yourself
What can AFP provide to help you succeed?
- The best training and education in the field. AFP offers a myriad of continuing educational opportunities for all fundraisers, regardless of experience level or specialty, and most can help you attain your certification to demonstrate your commitment to and expertise in the profession.
- New ideas and latest trends in the profession. Between our weekly eWire, the bimonthly Advancing Philanthropy and our constantly updated website, AFP keeps you current on happenings and innovations that will affect you now and in the future.
- Networking with colleagues and access to experts in the field. AFP Webinars let you hear from the most experienced practitioners in fundraising, and online forums let you talk directly with fundraisers with a wealth of practical, how-to knowledge. Networking through your local chapter can bring new opportunities every day!
- Benchmarks for success and future growth. AFP research data, such as the State of Fundraising Survey and Compensations and Benefits Analysis, show how you and your organization stack up in the profession and how to proceed to find even greater success.
AFP also isn’t just an investment in you and your professional career. Your whole organization benefits from the programs available through AFP membership. Success today for charities means:
- Showing the public your commitment to ethics and accountability. AFP’s Ethics program, featuring our Code of Ethical Principles and Standards and the Donor Bill of Rights, is the most respected in the world and underscores what you and your organization does to steward not just the public’s money, but its trust as well.
- Reaching out to a growing and diverse donor base. AFP’s diverse resources not only help organizations reach out to different audiences, but also help build inclusive boards that can more effectively serve different populations.
- Understanding how public policy affects the work of fundraising and charities. AFP is the leader in educating government on how fundraising really works and what charities need to succeed. Our public policy program works for stronger philanthropic incentives for your organization and a streamlined oversight system that protects legitimate organizations while rooting out the bad apples.
- Developing fundraising leadership. Successful boards and staff that know and appreciate fundraising are key ingredients to success. AFP’s executive programs develop management and leadership skills and help forge the critical bonds between staff and board that result in exceeding fundraising goals.
AFP Member Benefits
Below are major benefits you'll receive when you join the Association of Fundraising Professionals. Sound good? Then Join AFP and become a part of the world's largest community of charitable fundraisers.
|Research and Practice Tools
• AFP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards
• Ethics Assessment Inventory
• International Statement of Ethical Principles
• Promote Donor Bill of Rights
• AFP Website
• Hot Topics on Fundraising Issues
• Fundraising Tools & Templates
• Information Exchange
• Think Tank Research
• AFP Compensation and Benefits Study
• Fundraising Effectiveness Study
• Nonprofit Research Collaborative Survey
• Opt in lists communities - Discussion Groups
• Advancing Philanthropy Magazine - Print
• Advancing Philanthropy Magazine - Digital
Please note: Collegiate, Global, Young Professional and Small Organizational members automatically receive the digital magazine only.
• eWire electronic newsletter
• Ready Reference Series
• Free Webinars
• Email blasts
• Membership Directory
• Consultants and Resource Directory
• Speakers Database
• Professional Job Postings Online
• Mentoring Programs
• Serve on IHQ Committees/Task Forces
• Serve on IHQ Board of Directors
• Strategic Alliance memberships with sister fundraising organizations
• Online Knowledge Portal
• Legislative Activities
• Emerging Fundraisers Academy
• AFP Leadership Academy
• AFP eCourses with MindEdge
• AFP Fundraising Principles and Practice
• International Fundraising Conference
Available Chapter Benefits
• AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising
• CFRE Review Course
• Hemispheric Congress
• AFP Webinars
• Nonprofit Management Institute
• Center on Wealth and Philanthropy
• The Giving Institute Consultants Academy
• Faculty Training Academy
• Research Think Tank Registration
• ACFRE Certification
• CFRE Certification
• AFP International Advanced Diploma in Fundraising
• AFP Merchandise
• NorthPark University
• Tec de Monterrey Diploma Program
• Discounts on products provided by Strategic Partners
• Giving USA
• AFP Graduate Certificate in Philanthropic • Fundraising- IU Center on Philanthropy
• Member Discounts on Monthly Educational Programs
• Member Discounts on Chapter Conferences
• Member Discounts on National Philanthropy Day events
• Volunteer Opportunities
• Chapter Scholarships
• Chapter Website
• Chapter Newsletter
• Chapter Mentoring Program
• Chapter Job Banks
AFP Membership: FAQs & Categories
Does my membership belong to me, or to the organization I work for?
It depends on the type of membership that you join. If you are a Professional, Young Professional, Global eMember, Collegiate or Associate member, the membership is yours and goes with you if leave an organization.
The Nonprofit Organizational Membership for both large and small organizations, and the Executive Circle Business Member or Endorser Business Member belongs to the organization or company. If an employee leaves, the organization may replace the name of the designated member. New members still need to fill out a membership application and sign their adherence to the AFP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards.
Does my membership stay with me if I switch organizations?
If you are in one of the individual membership categories the membership goes with you if you switch organizations.
How much does membership cost?
When a member joins AFP, he or she joins both the international organization and a local chapter (exceptions exist if a chapter is not located close to the member). Thus, a member pays annual dues to both the International Headquarters and the chapter.
How much are the dues to International Headquarters?
Your membership dues depend on the type of membership applicable to you. Members must self-assess to determine the type of membership for which they are eligible. Prospective members should self-determine the category of membership, and renewing members should review and reassess membership categories. Descriptions are below.
How long does my membership last?
Your membership lasts 12 months, starting in the month you officially become a member.