As a member of AFP , you are a part of a large community. You are one of over 3,000 members in Canada AND you are one of over 27,000 members internationally. This year's priorities for the chapter will be to:
1. Promote inclusion, diversity, equity and access (IDEA)
2. Provide relevant and high-quality fundraising education
3. Increase capacity and strengthen community
4. Champion ethical fundraising practices
If you are not a member yet of our highly collaborative professional association, email us at: email@example.com to find out more. Alternatively, you can go to: https://afpglobal.org/join
(select AFP Alberta South Chapter).
National philanthropy day - 7th annual
National Philanthropy Day (NPD) is a special day (November 15th) set aside to pay tribute to the selfless charitable acts that people in our communities have made in our lives, our local communities, and in the world. The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Southern Chapter is one of 20 chapters, across Canada, hosting events throughout the week to honour individuals, small businesses, corporate giving, youth engagement and group charitable action.
The Inspiring Philanthropy Awards, for the first 5 years, were celebrated at a luncheon in the recipients honour. Last year, the awards were held virtually in compliance with Covid19 safety protocols as they will be again in 2021; please join us in sharing each honourees story through social media. Learn more about the 2020 recipients: National Philanthropy Day_Southern Alberta
To learn more about the 2021 "Inspiring Philanthropy Awards - 2021': <click here>
November 15: Light Up City Hall (Lethbridge)
- Take a drive by City Hall during National Philanthropy Week and observe the blue and yellow lights in honour of the diverse network of charities, individuals, and businesses who are key partners in building a better community.
November 15, 11:30 AM - Flag Raising at Lethbridge City Hall
- Join us as we raise the AFP flag in honour of the work that charities do in Southern Alberta. We pay special tribute to the 2021 Inspiring Philanthropy Awards Honourees.
November 15, After Flag Raising (approximately 11:45AM) – Virtual Inspiring Philanthropy Awards Ceremony
- Join us online as we recognize and celebrate the 2021 Inspiring Philanthropy Awards Honourees.