2021 INSPIRING PHILANTHROPY AWARDS
Chair: Ben Kwan, Lethbridge College
The Southern Alberta Chapter of the AFP recognizes that it takes many caring leaders to build a thriving community. The Inspiring Philanthropy Awards provides the opportunity to recognize, and celebrate philanthropic leaders who give freely of their time, talent, and treasure to make a difference in their community, and in the lives of those around them.
Nominations for the 2021 Inspiring Philanthropy Awards are now closed. Thank you to all those who submitted a nomination. We will share the results with you in the near future.
- Bestowed upon a business with 25 or more full-time equivalent employees. Sponsorship support and cause marketing will not be considered as the basis for a nomination for this award category. Indigenous
- Bestowed upon an individual, group or family of indigenous descent, or those who have made a significant impact on those of indigenous descent.Individual Philanthropist Including Family
- Bestowed upon an individual or family whose time, talent and treasure have made a significant impact on your organization. Philanthropic Group
- Bestowed upon groups such as service clubs, associations, employee groups, or friends who have joined together to help change the world. Small Business Philanthropist
- Bestowed upon a small business with fewer than 25 full-time equivalent employees whose time, talent, and treasure have made a significant impact in the community. Sponsorship support and cause marketing will not be considered as the basis for a nomination for this this award category. Southern Alberta Philanthropic Hero
- An individual who uses whatever means they have available to them to make Southern Alberta communities stronger. Youth
- This award recognizes service by a young person, through age 25, who has demonstrated exceptional commitment and leadership in the community through their guidance and dedication to philanthropy. Note: Guardian consent will be required if nominee is selected and under the age of 18.
Thank You to Our Sponsors:
Title Sponsor: Community Foundation Lethbridge & Southwestern Alberta
Corporate Philanthropist: Sponsor: Lethbridge College
Indigenous: Sponsor: Streets Alive Mission
Individual/Family Philanthropist: Sponsor: Fee Simple Law LLP
Philanthropic Group: Sponsor: University of Lethbridge
Small Business Philanthropist: Sponsor: Hass Wealth Management Ltd.
Southern Alberta Philanthropy Hero Sponsor - Chinook Regional Hospital Foundation
Youth Philanthropist: Sponsor: Available
DID YOU KNOW? Lethbridge has the second highest median charitable donation level among CMA's (Source: www.150.statcan.ca)