In honour of the 6th anniversary of the Inspiring Philanthropy Awards Luncheon in Lethbridge, the AFP Southern Alberta Chapter is pleased to sponsor a scholarship for a grade 12 or first year post-secondary student who best exemplifies positive civic and community support through their interest in, commitment to, and active involvement in volunteer and philanthropic causes. It is the hope of AFP – Southern Alberta Chapter that the award winner's chosen education area will nurture a continued interest in community service through volunteerism and philanthropy.
The 2021 Inspiring Philanthropy in Lethbridge & Southwestern Alberta Scholarship will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment to improving the quality of life for others in Lethbridge & Southwestern Alberta through active participation in volunteer and philanthropic activities.
- Demonstrated capacity to inspire and motivate others to serve as community volunteers and to fundraise for community needs.
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteerism and philanthropy through personal involvement to a significant degree in a specific non-profit community organization (e.g. homeless shelters, food banks, hospitals, assisting the handicapped and others in need, and neighborhood projects).
- Preference will be given to applicants indicating a desire to pursue a career in fund development.
The $1,000 scholarship is funded by the AFP – Southern Alberta Chapter. The $1,000 scholarship recipient will be recognized during the AFP-Southern Alberta Chapter National Philanthropy Day 2021 celebration luncheon and is expected to be in attendance.
Deadline for submitting the completed application to AFP – Southern Alberta Chapter is May 28, 2021. The recipient of the scholarship will be notified by June 14, 2021.
Apply now: Scholarship Application 2021
2021 Scholarship Winners:
To be announced in June 2021!
2020 Scholarship Winners:
1. Jack Harding, Winston Church High School Photo: Jack Harding, Scholarship Recipient
2. Sarah Ann Walker, Coalhurst High School Photo: Sarah Ann Walker, Scholarship Recipient
For more information: Media Release