Role and Responsibilities
Position Overview (Please note this position will work Virtually from Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando or SoFla.)
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Yoga 4 Change including executive staff, program implementation, expansion, execution of the organization’s mission, financial oversight and implementation, and community presence. S/he/they will initially develop deep knowledge of the sector, Yoga 4 Change’s core programs, state-wide operations, current revenue and expenses, grant reporting, and business plans. The ED will oversee all programs, internal and external program evaluation, finance and administration, fundraising, grant reporting, communications, and, in partnership with the Board of Directors, will also recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the organization’s strategic goals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The Functions and Responsibilities of the Executive Director include all or some of the following:
1. Build and continue to implement a strong development and membership program to promote the Y4C mission and ensure financial sustainability. Continue to move the organization to the forefront of donor and prospective donors’ minds for charitable giving and investment.
2. Oversee and update the organization’s budget, continuing to diversify funding sources, while strengthening relationships with grantors, corporations, and major donors.
3. Increase Y4C’s marketing, communications and social media presence with the goal of expanding organizational support and attracting new members, collaborators, and partners.
4. Expand Y4C’s strong working relationships and partnerships within it’s regions and with new private partners to improve and enhance advocacy efforts within the state and region.
• Actively engage, support, and energize Yoga 4 Change volunteers, board members, staff, committees,
employees, contractors, volunteers, partnering organizations, and funders.
• Develop, maintain, and utilize the Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build
board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations, as well as, long-term vision.
• Lead, coach, develop, and retain Yoga 4 Change’s high-performance senior management team.
• Ensure effective systems are maintained or put into place to track all programs, and regularly evaluate
program components to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to grantors, the board,
potential funders, and other constituents.
• Implement, oversee, and be able to report on approved yearly budget for overall organization while being
able to ensure multiple grants and/or earmarked funds are spent appropriately.
• Report on grant outcomes for various funders using the internal evaluation system, and work with the
Y4C Evaluation team as needed to accomplish outcome measures, program integrity, and community impact.
• Work with various grantors, foundations, and large donors to support programming while ensuring all
reporting requirements are met including budget, clients served, metrics achieved, etc.
• Grow local, regional, and national fundraising activities to support existing programs and regional expansion.
• Maintain, Deepen and Expand relationships with donors, grantors, corporate sponsors and funders.
• Leverage external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities in keeping with the Y4C mission.
• Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—with the goal of creating a stronger brand that can
withstand national growth without losing brand identity.
• Continue to evaluate and implement feedback to better communicate with partners, donors, grantors and
communities Yoga 4 Change works within.
• Oversee all marketing and communication plans, ensuring brand voice and brand guidelines are maintained,
giving feedback in a timely manner whenever needed.
• Design and work with Yoga 4 Change leadership to continue deepening community expansion, while creating
and cultivating national partnerships.
• Implement strategic business plan to include program and organization expansion into new markets.
• Build partnerships in new markets and/or regions, establishing relationships with funders, corporations, and n
community leaders at each regional expansion site.
• Be an external presence, publishing and communicating program results with an emphasis on the successes of
past program as a model for regional and national replication.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to Yoga 4 Change's mission and have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Being flexible and able to step into various roles, as needed, to ensure mission integrity is essential. Demonstrable experience and specific qualifications include:
• At least 7 years of experience in charge of the organizational leadership, staff supervision and fiscal
responsibility for a relevant, membership based, nonprofit organization.
• Ability to effectively lead a regional nonprofit, and/or nationally scale a performance and outcomes-based
organization; past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate strong relationships.
• Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
• Excellence in organizational management with history of coaching staff, managing, and developing high
performance teams, setting and achieving strategic objectives, and managing a budget.
• Strong marketing, public relations, and extensive fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide
range of stakeholders and cultures.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent
interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people, giving staff members the space and support to create (and potentially fail) without micro-managing.
• Participate in the preparation of the annual budget and regularly monitor the organization’s financial status, including a fiduciary responsibility for all expenditures.
• Oversee the timely completion and compliance with the execution and reporting for all grant funding.
• Bachelor's degree in a related discipline; graduate degree and/or professional certification preferred. Cultural Compatibility
The ideal Executive Director candidate will demonstrate a commitment to and passion for working with a healing, nurturing and advocacy-based nonprofit organization. They will share and support the mission, vision and values of Y4C be willing and able to adapt their personal and professional style as needed to integrate effectively as the senior executive of the organization. They will be a high-energy, positive thinking professional with a self-sustaining, individual motivation, a strong sense of purpose and a belief that they can make a difference. In addition, they will possess and demonstrate the following competencies and behaviors.Professional Competencies
• Motivation, Passion and Commitment
Puts success of mission as primary driver above own interests; displays passion, vision and commitment; inspires dedication to the mission and performance excellence in others.
• Visionary Leadership
Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
• Business Acumen
Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability and financial management; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
• Strategic Thinking
Develop strategies to achieve organization goals; adapts to changing conditions; understands organization's strengths/weaknesses; analyzes market/competition; identifies external threats and opportunities.
This position provides a competitive base salary, incentive compensation, and benefits plan. About Yoga 4 Change:
Yoga 4 Change (Y4C) is a Florida-based, 501(c)3, non-profit organization that achieves lasting, demonstrative change for veterans, individuals who are experiencing incarceration, youth, and people living with mental health conditions, through a purpose-driven yoga curriculum. Founded in 2014, the organization operates across four regions in the state of Florida. Yoga 4 Change employs a full-time staff of six, with fifty contractors, 20 volunteers and a current budget of approximately $650,000. For more information, please visit: www.y4c.org
Yoga 4 Change has selected Sterling Search & Consulting to conduct this search on their behalf. Interested individuals should send a cover letter, resume and current/most recent compensation and expectations to:
Mike Imperiale | Managing Partner
Mobile: 904 - 536 - 6666